Topic: in need of some easy riffs, licks.

Can anyone post me some sites or tabs on easy riffs. they can also be hard, but not to hard

Music is best expressed when used to play with guitar.
Im a 13 year old guitarist who needs a young band to play in.
Acoustic eletric guitar, electric guitar, drums, amp, speakers, cords, and dist. pedal is what i have.

Re: in need of some easy riffs, licks.

all riffs and licks are based on scales and the chords within the progression if you learn the major,minor modes (pentatonic,dorian,mixalodian frigian, ect....) you will discover these licks or riffs were derived from these modes so crack the music book open and dig into the foundation of theory and you wont have to ask for riffs or licks

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I betcha that if you would play the Pentatonic Scale (most consider it to be the blues scale) and play it over and over and over...not only will it be good practice but suddenly cool riffs will start popping out. When I get in a rut I'll pick a scale or pattern and simply play it over and over and then see what starts popping out and changing...hope that helps some for ya!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Jay I do the same thing ... I've done that alot with the 12 bar blues scale and did some improving on it and it sounds slick ... I'm starting to do that with my Pentatonic scales ... currently I'm working on my Ionian scales, etc

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

i just got a new electric n i dont know how 2 play riffs n what the hell r licks?

lick-musical definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lick_%28music%29

Give everything but up.

Songwise, try 'Get Back' by the Beatles. It can be played with open chords, you need to get the beat then get in the G D 'dang dang'. But this is also a song with lots of extras. Look up on chordie and you'll see dozens of tabs for lead lines and the solo.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

thanks for all the help i do use the pentagonic scale too though

Acoustic eletric guitar, electric guitar, drums, amp, speakers, cords, and dist. pedal is what i have.

Can you play Smoke On the Water? The Iron Man main riff is good, too.

Steffan wrote:

Can you play Smoke On the Water? The Iron Man main riff is good, too.

Yah thats to easy

Led Zeppelin is a great place to start.   many of their songs
(especially the ones off their first five albums) have easy to intermediate licks and riffs.

12 (edited by goataloap25 2008-03-11 22:23:15)

I have a really easy one it is called One by Metallica
I am going to write the rift but if there is a #in front of a string name then that is what fret you will play it on!!!
2A 4D open D 3E 4D open D REPET but when it gets to the ending play an open G. 2A 4D open D open A 4D open A open D 3E 4D 3E open D open E 2A 1E 4A
YAH it is kinda confusing because of the way i wrote it but i don't use websites i learn by ear!!! good luck hope it works out for you

goataloap25 wrote:

I have a really easy one it is called One by Metallica
I am going to write the rift but if there is a #in front of a string name then that is what fret you will play it on!!!
2A 4D open D 3E 4D open D REPET but when it gets to the ending play an open G. 2A 4D open D open A 4D open A open D 3E 4D 3E open D open E 2A 1E 4A
YAH it is kinda confusing because of the way i wrote it but i don't use websites i learn by ear!!! good luck hope it works out for you

thank you i love that song

14 (edited by 06sc500 2008-03-22 21:08:08)

Clapton's (with Cream) Sunshine of Your Love is a pretty cool riff.  Easy riffs, hmm. . .I'll rattle off a few of my other favorties.  Round n Round by Ratt, Bang Your Head (Metal Health) by Quiet Riot, Lonely is the Night by Billy Squier, Back in Black by AC/DC, and Righteous by Eric Johnson.  Speaking of Eric Johnson, try Cliffs of Dover-the three solos and some of the high-speed runs are a bit ridiculous, but the main riffs are fairly easy.  If you noticed, most of these are off of Guitar Hero, that's where I learned a lot of the songs I play.  Some really cool acoustic guitar riffs are the intro to Jessica by the Allman Brothers (the electric part is really cool and easy too), and Pinball Wizard by The Who (the strumming is a bit tough on this one).  Good luck!

Edit: By the way, music for every one of these songs can be found here on Chordie.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

hellfire wrote:

i just got a new electric n i dont know how 2 play riffs n what the hell r licks?

Can't play riffs? I bet you could play Smoke on the Water.  I'll write out the main riff (the easiest way to play it):

e
B
G  0  3  5  0  3  6  5  0  3  5  3  0
D  0  3  5  0  3  6  5  0  3  5  3  0
A
E

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Try the main riff to Layla by Clapton or Enter Sandman by Metallica.

tongue:P:P:P:P