Topic: What Pickups should I buy????

I need a little direction in which pick ups to get?!?!
Anyone help me?

I love the neil young distortion screaming sound!

Thanks

Re: What Pickups should I buy????

Single coil or Humbucker?

Try these:

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Elect … ng_Pickups

No experience with them myself (yet), but they're supposed to be some of the best pickups available.

The '59 reissue PAF's should approximate that sound, more or less.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Greendale wrote:

I need a little direction in which pick ups to get?!?!
Anyone help me?

I love the neil young distortion screaming sound!

Thanks

It' depends on how much money you want to spend, you can buy boutique pickups for $200 to $300 american for a set. If you want distortion take your guitar to a music shop and try out their distortion pedals and see if you can get the desired effect your seeking for half the cost. Although I am always for hot rodding a guitar.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

SGinCYQX wrote:

The '59 reissue PAF's should approximate that sound, more or less.

Like these?

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/PAF_St … ack_HPAO-1

You can get an overwound version of the Kent Armstrong PAFs, might be a better choice if you're going to be using a lot of distortion.

I think Bootleger has the best idea...unless you just want to tinker with and hotrod your guitar...there are lots of distortions options available as a pedal or built into various amps. Some artists like to start with a clean sound on the guitar and then distort the signal...

What guitar are you playing now?

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I am playing an Ibanez Artcore and it has two stock humbuckers.  I've been messing around with pedals but can't find the sound.  Is there a specific pedal anyone cound recomened to try??

I'm willing to spend whatever it takes to get this sound!!!

SGinCYQX - Do you know where i could find those???  Are they reissues??