Topic: Finally came up with a song name, opinions?

Hey, after several weeks I've finally come up with a song name for my instrumental acoustic piece: "Nightsong".  It's not too creative, but it really conveys the sound of the song-a warm summer night with nothing but you and your guitar and darkness.  This name doesn't sound too close to John Denver's Windsong, does it? I really hate it when two entirely differnt songs have the same name, and I don't want to look like I couldn't come up with one on my own.  Thanks

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: Finally came up with a song name, opinions?

a rose by any other name is still a rose,if the song sounds good to you call it whatever you wish

"Growing old is not for sissies"

don't worry about it...how many songs are called "the power of love?" lots and lots

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

this once reminds me of a wee project i done with a friend years ago,

we made up a fe songs. And I really mean made up, they were made up and improvised on the press of the record button. it had quite a lot of instrumentals and a few lyrical songs.
Anyway, about what to call it.... we sat fir a while after it was done thinking what the " album" could be called, we sat and sat and thought and thought some more.
After a good 6 and a half minutes  I came up with a name. We also named one of the songs this.

" psychedelic voices in a mind full of junk"

I still love that name.

so you can call an instrumental anything you want to really. same as a song, it doesnt have to have the name of the song sang in the verses or the chorus.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

06sc500
In my opinion a song becomes what ever it's called.
There's no good or bad name just a name.
I think if you want a objective judgement on the name then the song must be heard. Then again this would be only a personal view of the person listening to the song.
"Nightsong" sounds ok to me.
Ark

Thanks guys

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot