1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-03-20 04:49:33)

Topic: REFLECTIONS

REFLECTIONSby Russell Harding

medium tempo

Verse 1:

[Em]what ever happened to the days when we were [B7]young?

never had to worry bout dieing from atomic [Em]bombs

momma and poppa worked every day side by [B7]side

sunday after church they'd take us all for a [Em]ride.

Chorus:

when your [G]young the sun never sets it always [D]shines,

[F]what ever you want to do theres always [C]time,time to

[G]sit around and listen to the [D]stories, [C]papa told of jesus and his

[G]glory[D]

Verse 2:

the bad guys lost and the heros always [Em]won, we were

safe at night like walkin in the noon day [B7]sun,the cops always

had the bad guys on the [Em]run.

Chorus:

when your [G]young the sun never sets it always [D]shines,

[F]what ever you want to do theres always [C]time,time to

[G]sit around and listen to the [D]stories,[C]papa told of jesus and his

[G]glory[D]

Verse 3:

didn't need drugs we were havin to much [Em]fun, friends

were real and family stood by your [B7]side,but it all changed

we forgot why jesus [Em]died.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: REFLECTIONS

like the message your sending Russell,

checked your web but it's not there yet, looking forward to hearing it.

great song

Regards

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

phil i have it some place on a digital zip disk and its in my media library thanks for taking the time to read over it,the recording has a accordian added along with several other instruments there is another bridge to the recording but i was a little tired and omitted it I'll dig around for it.

Phill Williams wrote:

like the message your sending Russell,

checked your web but it's not there yet, looking forward to hearing it.

great song

Regards

Phill

glad to hear it..or i will be glad to hear it

bye now, time for bed, i'm up at 5

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi russell a great song highlighting a lot of issues that happening well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

6 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-03-20 04:53:26)

hey daddy cool nice words i appreiciate it your right the song points out conditions as they once were before the modernization that ushered in the demise of a way of life and values that are out of place in this decade of me, me, me, murder glorified in film,tv and music we are in a losing battle for our childrens minds some how we have to turn back the clock but I haven't any solutions the only thing i can do is keep these ideals alive in words and music I admit I pen some nonsence (who dont?) from time to time but now and then a good one slips in and sometimes one good idea is sufficient.

phil its on my web page i uploaded it

Phill Williams wrote:

glad to hear it..or i will be glad to hear it

bye now, time for bed, i'm up at 5

phill

Hi Russ,

I have just popped to your website and had a listen. Great song and recording and I have to say that the lyrics reflect a lot of my recent thoughts.

Glad to see you have now got the upper hand with chopro formatting too.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Russ
What's going on. I can't keep up with all your new aditions to the songwriting section.  smile
All us older generation will find something in the lyrics of this song.
Well things might have changed somewhat But there's always.................Ice cream lol
Nice Recording.
Ark

What is this about Russ and ice cream? This is the second mention that I have seen today, I do hope you do not have an addiction Russ.

(concerned) Roger lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thank you roger not only for your comment but for taking the time to teach this old dog some new tricks with chopro formating it made me really think and orginize my thought process in addition i have started a typing class and its on the basic level, typing for dummies so to speak but i spend about 1 hr a day on the exercizes and my progress is commong along

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Russ,

I have just popped to your website and had a listen. Great song and recording and I have to say that the lyrics reflect a lot of my recent thoughts.

Glad to see you have now got the upper hand with chopro formatting too.

Thank you,

Roger

ark a mans got to have some vices and ice cream is mine,I do love it so i dug out some songs(about a hundred) from a folder that was stashed it the closet that i wrote and recorded on a 4 track reel to reel and "reflections"was one of them i am going to re-arrange and record them again its exciting discovering material from the past and looking at it with eyes of the present a lot of the early songs have no chords but reading over the lyrics i came to the conclusion I discovered a treasure trove of new possibilities thanks  ark im glad you liked the song

arkady wrote:

Russ
What's going on. I can't keep up with all your new aditions to the songwriting section.  smile
All us older generation will find something in the lyrics of this song.
Well things might have changed somewhat But there's always.................Ice cream lol
Nice Recording.
Ark

yes roger i L O V E ice cream but i limit myself i want to keep the weight i lost from not teturning

Roger Guppy wrote:

What is this about Russ and ice cream? This is the second mention that I have seen today, I do hope you do not have an addiction Russ.

(concerned) Roger lol

Good Message Russell,

After some of the shananagins that went on here "St Paticks day" with young thugs.

As well as God in there lives, the need conscription to the Army along with there " Couldn't care less Parents"

who never sowed the discipline seeds in there young.They all need a good wakeup call.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thank you helena The "wake up call" is forthcomming I just put the final touches on a song entitled    THE SIGNS OF THE END  it is a musical adaptation of the new testament book of Matthew  chapter 24: verses 4 thru 11 I cant go into detail at the moment but I will post a special announcement before I upload it