Topic: Danelectro Fab Pedals

I know these are cheapies, but for the money are they worth it? I might pick up one of the metal pedals.  For 15 or 20 bucks, what's to lose?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: Danelectro Fab Pedals

06sc500 wrote:

I know these are cheapies, but for the money are they worth it? I might pick up one of the metal pedals.  For 15 or 20 bucks, what's to lose?

15 or 20 bucks, that's what's to lose. I'd personally spend the extra $ on pedals you'll have with you for your natural life. Boss pedals are the best, most durable, price efficient, sweetest sounding, units of boxed sounds on the market, in my humble opinion..................

Give everything but up.

I agree with SouthPaw...buy the best that you can afford! I've got several boss pedals and have always been happy with them. I've heard that some of the Danelectro pedals sounded pretty good  but I don't have any personal experience with them. I've had some Rocktron and a few others that I ended up throwing away...they were so poorly made that I didn't even want to give them to someone...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Maybe you should try playing on one at a music store or read a review.

tongue:P:P:P:P

I bought a Zoom G2.1U multi-effects unit so I could try the effects out. It's cheaper than a bunch of Danelectro pedals, that's why I bought it.
I've since found out that all I'm using is the amp modelling, distortion and flanger. So I know which pedals to buy once I've got the cash. I'll be buying Boss pedals purely because they're better quality, and quite a few people recommend them. smile

See, I did read the reviews and most of them were good.  I just thought it would be cool to get one for that price.  Just curious, and I had a thread on this, does anyone have a Rocktron wah? There's no reviews on Musicians' Friend.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

The controls are simple since it only has tone,gain,and level.The battery lasts a long time.The grip on the bottom of it is good and doesn't slide on tile.It can be stomped on pretty hard which is surprising since it's plastic.

tongue:P:P:P:P

I picked up the Fab overdrive and Fab flange about 8 or so months ago, and I was very satisfied with them. 
I used the overdrive on my solid state Fender (no worries, I upgraded to a valve amp) and it sounded great with it, gives you a good british sound. 
The tone got pretty muddy when I plugged it into my vintage Gibson Skylark, so I went with the od setting on my Blues Bawls wah. 
I still use the flange, and it sounds great to me.  If it's just sound that you're concerned with, I'd go for it; for the money you really can't go wrong.
As far as durability goes, it takes any amount of abuse I can give it just jamming at home.  I don't do any gigging so I couldn't tell you
how much punishment it could take on the road, but I wouldn't be afraid to try it, Danelectro makes some pretty quality pedals