Topic: How do I add Foldback monitors?

Hi All
I need a bit of help with adding some Foldback monitors. I am playing as half of a duo, me on guitar and Clare singing playing small venues and pubs. We would like to add some monitors to our set up but I have no idea where to start. We use a Carlsbro GRX7 mixer amp, which has 8 inputs, a monitor out bank and also a line out on the back.

Now for the questions

1/ Should I be looking for passive or active speakers

2/ How would they be wired up? ie do the mic and guitar go to the monitors first and then to the amp or do we get out the same mix as the PA is putting out.

3/ Does anyone have a similar setup that works for them as there is a chance that I might upgrade all the kit.

Any help or advice is most welcome.

Thanks
Howard

www.francisbell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

My acoustic trio Website
[url]http://www.accidentallyacoustic.co.uk/[/url]

Re: How do I add Foldback monitors?

I'll try but I'm not at all familar with the Carlsbro GRX7 Mixer amp. You might see if they have a website with a customer support and/or a user forum. Also Peavey and Carvin make sound systems and have lots of info available...sound systems pretty much use the same principle.   www.carvin.com            www.peavey.com

Typically you would input into your mixer...mics and instruments with a separate channel for each. The mixer sends signal to an amplifier and then to the main speakers. Typically you'd have an amp for the main speakers and a separate amp for your passive monitors.  Many of the smaller systems will have powered active monitors that have a built in amplifier.

I hope this helps. I use a Carvin PA system that has a powered mixer...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Re: How do I add Foldback monitors?

Thanks for that.
As passive speakers are quite cheap, I'll try one and see how we get on.
Cheers
Howard

My acoustic trio Website
[url]http://www.accidentallyacoustic.co.uk/[/url]