1 (edited by bjenks725 2008-04-15 17:38:19)

Topic: when the devil sings

i wrote this song about 4 months ago, and ive found myself just letting it sit there, because i feel like its not finished yet. i play it really soft and smooth, alot of Em's and Am's...occasionally a B7. i kinda picture it being a real mellow solo acoustic guitar/harmonica type song.

any comments, suggestions, or general thoughts about this song would be appreciated...

"when the devil sings"

CAPO 2

CHORUS
Em            Am
cover your ears
Em                        B
so you wont hear a thing
Em                     Am
you dont want to hear
B7                  Em
when the devil sings

same chord progression throughout the song.

1st Verse
im facing a situation
i know this can go two ways
i dont want to make a decision
i'll regret all my days

CHORUS

2nd Verse
when the devil sings
it clouds up your mind
the answer to all of your questions
you might never find

so cover your ears
so you cant hear a thing
you dont want to hear
when your devil sings.

Re: when the devil sings

hi bjenks725 welcome to chordie ,this being your first post it seems like a nice little composition,if you click edit and enter your chords in the lines we'll get the full flow of your song,well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi,

first of all i smiled when i saw your name. My old Uncle long passed now
always said when hearing something new " Well imagine that Bejenkers"! lol

Fáilte to Chordie Bjenks725.

Good wee song. Is it  about Temptation ? Do fill us in.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

it IS about temptation...more specifically its about that S.O.B. in your head that gets in the way of making good decisions with your life. i have an mp3 of a short demo version i have. does anyone know if theres a way i can post it here?

Roger Guppy,

Is one of the admin here Bejenks, He will give you the info you need. or are looking for.   Email him.

He is always willing to help a newbie.

Old Doll.

thanks to the mad skills of Roger Guppy, that mp3 of this song is up online, at http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie . check it out, tell me what you think!

Hi Bryan,

A very good song for your first Chordie offering and even better for having a recording of it so we can hear the melody and how you intend it to be. Mind you the photo you sent to accompany it did not look much like the devil, perhaps he is in disguise lol

I hope there will be more songs to follow.

Thank you and well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

bjenks,

Very good song, real bluesy sounding. Went to youtube and listened to it. really liked it.
                                                                                                                       getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Just heard your song on FOC.

Very good . I enjoyed it.  Mellow sounding.

Old Doll.