Topic: St. Somewhere

Hi Guys, do you believe in fate?  Well I was lurking in the shadows as one does, reading various threads and Zurf mentioned a little place called St. Somewhere... I'd love to go, what do you think?

St SomewhereBonedaddy, inspired by Zurf

01/07/2008

[Dsus2]St S[Dsus4]omewh[D]ere, south of the cold

[Dsus2]St S[Dsus4]omew[D]here, if I may be so bold

W[Dsus2]e could m[Dsus4]eet th[D]ere

Under the s[C]un

It’ll be such f[B]un

[Dsus2]Please j[Dsus4]oin m[D]e, in my life carefree

[Dsus2]We’ll st[Dsus4]ay h[D]ere, you and me

It’s so c[C]ool

To play the f[B]ool

[A]Rum o[F]n i[G]ce

T[A]astes s[F]o n[G]ice

L[A]ife’s j[F]ust F[G]ine

C[F]os you’re m[G]ine

All m[A]ine

[Dsus2]St S[Dsus4]omew[D]here, let me cut to the chase

[Dsus2]St S[Dsus4]omew[D]here, it’s a real place

W[Dsus2]e can m[Dsus4]ake i[D]t

If we work real h[C]ard

And fate deals the right c[B]ards

I'm the son of rage and love

2 (edited by Old Doll 2008-07-01 20:48:12)

Re: St. Somewhere

Hi Bonedaddy,
Will there be wee coloured paper umbrellas in the rum punch? lol

Nice one , well done Lad! Where have you been ? In St Somewhere is my guess! 

Its now on my list of things to do!

Love to ya from the  Emerald.

Old Doll.

Ps. I forgot to ask, did you record it Bonedaddy ?

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

cool 

Just right!  I'm printing that one out RIGHT NOW! 

But did you have to go and put an evil B chord in it?  You know I'm going to play that as a Bm or a B7. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, I was reading the song and lookin' at the chords and I got to thinking he goes to "B" 3 different times. I wus kinda thinking 'bout what / how to make a post to express my feelings on the "B" chord and u done beat me to it. And wid all them "SUS" chords how can u use a capo?The GOOD LORD must'a had a resaon in mind for the "B" chord but I ain't figured it out, yet.

Nela

Hey Bonedaddy. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your song up.It has a real nice laid back feel to it.Good Job Sir.Glad to see Zurf liked it also.
July 1st being Canada I was at a good friends house party.They had drums,a keyboard,electric guitars and the dreaded MICRO-PHONE all set up for a Jam in the backyard.I've always been made to feel very welcome there but when it comes to playing or singing(Dam Micro-phone) I never really joined in unless I had my full share of Labatts.After watching everyone playing and watching the kids get up to sing (ages 4-15) I decided I would give a go and jumped aboard.I had a blast.
The kids wanted us to play some tunes we didn't know so I promptly introduced Chordie to everyone and also showed them the forum. St.Somewhere was the first tune they all saw and were very impressed with it.Also VERY impressed with Chordie.I see in chat KEYBORED has joined already. We played until it got dark and carried on till 2am which made it a long 1/2 hr drive home and an even longer day today sad
So thanks to you and everyone at Chordie for sparking up my fire.It's good to be back smile and now I'm going back to bed

KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Bonedaddy,

Great to get inspiration for a song from a discussion in the Chat section. I love the Dsus2, Dsus4, D progression, well done.

Kenny, I was in Canada a few years ago and I discovered Moosehead, the best beer I have ever tasted, my taste buds are getting excitied just writing about it. Nice to hear you are conquering the fear of the mic. Perhaps we will soon hear your recordings of your songs.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

7 (edited by KAP54 2008-07-02 22:01:52)

Hopefully you'll hear something soon Roger and as fer the Moosehead...........
ya got gre-e-e-e-eeat taste laddie. smile

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi bonedaddy great to see you back in the songwriting forum,a good inspiration song you devised from two words,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks guys, glad to be of service keeping the kids entertained!

Yeah, laid back is how it felt to me!  Everything is upside down for me at the moment but when everything gets back to right side up I'll try recording on youtube again!

BTW, what is the problem with the humble B?  (I know there is one with the bumble B but that's a different thread!)  I struggle with B7 and Bm more!  Each to his own, I guess - See you all on the beach!!!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Hey Daddy - Off to the islands with you. I can just picture playing on a beach somewhere with a rum punch in your hand. Great song

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C