Topic: Paper Fish!

Hey there everyone! ive been kinda stuck with songs lately, but one day while doing menial math problems, it occured to me that i could use whatever happened to be around me could be turned into a song.

Thus, i combined two things that happened to be in the room and came up with this song...

Its a kind of smooth, almost jazzy song.

Oh, see the water stir in the pond,

A tiny ripple in the-

Oh, bubbles surface from the bottom mud,

And a paper fish suddenly-

Oh, the inky depths are unexplored,

And its impossible to-

Oh, the mache dragonflies dance and spin,

But it wont last that long

(chorus) All our lives, we're trapped in  a pond

as paper fish swim through the murky lake

i'll tell you now, it wont be long

Till we all just plain dissolve

Oh, origami herring dart

'twixt the reeds and rushes

Oh, graphite frogs and chalk-white herons

hide in this pond of tedious life

All our lives, we're trapped in a pond

As paper fish swim through the murky lake

i'll tell you now, it wont be long

Till we all just plain dissolve.

(repeat chorus, fade out)

Now, i'd give you all tabs to work with, but i regret to say, the timing of the song is just bonkers. Like, wild strawberry bites, just, compromised reality, think, total vocabulary failure.

So, sorry about that. I'll see if i can get a good recording of it and play it there, then get it up here. Tell me what you think of the lyrics though! and thanks!

Re: Paper Fish!

WickedAxeOfFury - Love the imagery and feel of the words. The ethereal nature of the poetry reminds me very much of Yes lyrics - vivid & tactile yet cosmic & mysterious.

Although Yes is no longer actively touring they crafted some of the most absolutely haunting and beautiful music ever recorded.  All very complex rhythmically and melodically - much of their stuff used complex time signatures which melded well with the vivid lyrics.

I like your song - check out Yes "Close to the Edge" and some of their other albums and you might get some good ideas as to how to set this lyric to music.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Paper Fish!

Hey again, James,

Thanks for the insight, and what ou said more or less lines up with what i was thinking - Yes is one of my favorite bands.

What you said about adding music, i have music thought up and aligned, but the timing is just plain odd. I'll try and get it on a website.

But thanks anyway, i'll keep everyone posted on any more songs i write.