Topic: buying an acoustic guitar

Im a beginner been playing for about 3 weeks now and im looking to buy an acoustic guitar. money is kind of tight right now so im looking to keep it under $150 any advice?

Re: buying an acoustic guitar

You'll be looking at Ibanez, Takamine, and Yamaha... Oh yeah and maybe Rogue.  Although the first three are likely better quality for the money.  I have played all of them at one time or another if for no other reason than curiosity, of the bunch I kind of lean towards Takamine just because it has a sound that I like in an acoustic.  I do have a friend who is learning on a Rogue acoustic/electric and it is pretty good after an $85.00 setup adjustment.  Best advice is lay hands on everything in your price range, and find what fits you.

Good Hunting!   Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

yeh buy mine ...lol   No don't rush  try anything you can new is not always best you might
find a second hand for 150 that will suit you better and you my end up with a much better
guitar.....take time......good hunting ...have fun

It also depends where in the world you are. Freshman Guitars are producing some excellent guitars at decent prices, but I'm not sure if they are available in the States for instance.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

I just brought an Adam Black S- 7 solid Cedar top for £130 which is about $250.
I'm so impressed it's ready to play action is good, finsih looks amazing and it's so easy compared to some of the others I've owned or have.
It also sounds great for all the old greats who played with Martin's etc.

I would n't be without one again.

Happy playing.

Pedro