1 (edited by arkady 2008-08-11 08:03:17)

Topic: Another Instrumental :)

Hi All
I know another instrumental...    http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady
Now the waffle........
"Warpath" is more up beat can't be classed as ambient and the beat has a native Indian feel (This coming from an Englishman who grew up with westerns on the TV so my impression maybe way off)

For this one simplicity went out of the window and has 7 tracks mixing was fun smile
It's all learning curve with the new software called "Magix"

As always
Thanks for taking the time Reading/Listening

Ark

Re: Another Instrumental :)

Hi Ark,

I almost put a feather in my hair and had to resist the urge to go get a few scalps listening to this piece. You certailny have captured the feel and emotion that I also remember from watching westerns at the cinema and on TV.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger
Sometimes when you finish a song especially an instrumental the impression you get may not be as it appears to to others so I'm glad it envoked some memories...
Your comments are always appreciated
Ark

Ark I will check out "warpath" in a sec I been a little busy but I will give a listen and comment later but I suspect it will be another arkady gem smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nice work Ark smile

Sounds like you had some fun with this one.Well laid out.
Will have to check into the Magix software.

Thanks Kap smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

6 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-16 14:18:49)

Great tune..Ark. Living in the West and like you love westerns and live them. and still do..Recording is fun, hard work but most satisfying..do you find that you need to have another fix [project] right away or you'll have a let down feeling like postpartum blues?..I do, I know the gals will laugh at that but all these are babies, beautiful newborns..fine job. Oh by the way, the English were very fond of buying Indian scalps back then in those early days. I was an Anthropology major in college and studied the Plains Tribes and the Horse Culture.. Just a little side thought..marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Very Nice!!! I love cool sounding instrumentals. I think it is worth mentioning that instrumentals are a lot harder to keep someone's attention and I see no one having that problem with this!!

I also listened to the acoustic video. You play very well. Nice picking.
I like that the music you have put up is diverse. The video is acoustic (and good) and others are more electronic. (I don't know exactly the genre so don't hold me to that analysis. I can't keep up)
I feel diverseness is key to getting the best out of someone!
Nicely done!

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

Circle the wagons! the natives are restlesss smile I did get a few minutes nice layers of sync tracks glad I had time listen nice song ark smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Ark I will check out "warpath" in a sec I been a little busy but I will give a listen and comment later but I suspect it will be another arkady gem smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Guys for taking the time.
Russ
I've now come to the conclusion that having a reasonable tune and recording it is only part of the of overall completion of a song. Mixing different tracks is art in itself fraught with major and minor problems. But It's great fun and adictive....

KAP54
Mixing tracks with Magix is fun but like all realitivley new Apps (to me) it's a learning curve.
It cost about $57 us. so it's a monetry commitment which after having tried the free demo was I felt worth it to me and the type of stuff I do.
I still think that Audacity is a great place to start in computer mixing and Russ video's explain alot of the setting up and running of the Apps.

marcalan
Your right they are sorta babies in a way and It's hard when they grow up and leave home smile
I've always got a number of different ideas and tracks on the go much as we all have so it's finish one and onto another....
I've always admired the Native Americans and their Culture and over the years through watching documenties etc have felt a great deal of sorrow at their plight and near extinction.
Us English share a good deal of the blame over their miss treatment.

stretch
I guess it's true that instrumentals can be harder to get an audience with.
I like all types of music but melodies are always important to me so this reflects in the songs I do.
But my first love is the guitar and guitar based songs of all kinds...

Ark