Topic: YES THE DOC IS BACK: Cover songs better than the original song
I put a lot of time on this topic. IT IS A TRICKY, STINKY TOPIC
There are a lot of songs who are known as being a huge hit for a band, that you are 100% Convinced that THAT band wrote the song.
2) That you are surprised that THAT band is the original band and not the HIT band.
There are some nice examples. I will write it in Q & A
1) Q = WHO WROTE "Wild Thing?" A = Almost everybody will answer THE TROGGS.
2) Q = WHO WROTE "Black Magic Woman"? A = Santana
3) Q = WHO WROTE "White Rabbit" A = Jefferson Airplane.
4) Q = WHO WROTE "Oye Como Va" A = Santana
5) Q = WHO WROTE "Blueberry Hill" A = Fats Domino
And the best is yet to come.
6) Q = WHO WROTE "Rock Around the Clock" A = Bill Haley and The Comets.
7) Q = WHO WROTE "CROSSROADS" A = Clapton of course!!
ALL WRONG MY FRIENDS None of these are "The Original band".
1) Author & performer = CHIP TAYLOR.
2) Author & Performer = FLEETWOOD MAC
3) Author & Performer = GREAT SOCIETY
4) Author & Performer = TITO PUENTE
5) Author & Performer = GENE AUTRY
6) Author & Performer = SUNNY DAE & HIS KNIGHTS
7) Author & Performer = ROBERT JOHNSON but titled "Cross Roads Blues"
AMAZING ISN'T IT? I am working on this one already a few weeks, and I believe it is a SURPRISE to see the ORIGINAL PERFORMER.
I have more of this, saved in WORD, but PLEASE ADD SOME OF THIS AMAZING STUFF TOO.
You will know at least a lot of others like ME AND BOBBY MC GEE Janis Joplin while most of us know that it is written by KRIS KRISTOFFERSON those are the easy ones.
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]