Re: "THE CHALLENGE"

I said there might be some adjustments before the "challenge" officially starts tomorrow and a point was raised regarding the key of A if this is to high for you to sing in you may transpose to a lower more comfortable key but the chord sequence still must remain the same as an example  A Em D A (present key) transposed down a whole step would be G Dm C G you may need help from the theory section for some of the other degrees of the new scale, keep in mind if your new key is for example G just start with G A B C D E F# G and number each degree of the scale as a step or half step                         1 2 3  4 5  6 7  8 and locate the chord in the original scale of A and see what the transposed chord is, if you run into any problems with transposing to other keys let me know or post a question in the theory forum smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Well thanks Russ,

Now you tell me, I had to don some extremely tight and uncomfortable underwear to help me reach the high notes in the key of A. lol tongue lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Geeze I hope you didn't hurt yourself lol then where would we be? that dessert climate must do wonders for the vocal chords it would be nice to visit all of Europe someday, you never know the lotto might be lucky someday smile

Well you know Russell,
  Minstrel is still an honored profession in the old country.  You might be able to travel the continent on your good looks, charm, and a hat-full of tunes!

I've packed my stuff in a duffel and am moving mics, mixer, stands, and cables over to Jeff's this afternoon (where my amps and electric noise-makers are stored).  Gonna try and hammer out some kind of tune for you.  Perhaps a change of venue will rattle loose some words to go with....

If not, at least it will have served as an excuse not to have accomplished a darn thing constructive today.  Making music always trumps the to-do list!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug I have a PhD in the arts of minstrel vagabonding and  don't try to sweet talk me with platitudes I shall judge on merits (unless you throw in several buckets of butter pecan) lol and I hope your new location spawns some creativity and the only thing I did today was go to the lake and pick some songs and read my book while gazing at the babes lol

I hope everone who is participating in this challange has a working idea and judging by the downloads it could be a little hectic for me (thats a good thing) so come on chordians get your ideas recorded and submit them smile

With the labor day holiday a lot of people were away so I have decided to extend the planned deadline to October 1st and because some people are not able to compose in a short time so in order to give those who wisely spent the time with friends and family to submit there recording of the challange the additional time and any comments are always welcome smile

This is in response to a few queries regarding the proposed deadline

Russell_Harding wrote:

With the labor day holiday a lot of people were away so I have decided to extend the planned deadline to October 1st and because some people are not able to compose in a short time so in order to give those who wisely spent the time with friends and family to submit there recording of the challenge the additional time and any comments are always welcome smile

If anyone wanting to accept Russ's challenge, but is having difficulties and could do with some help, I am willing to do what I can. My entry is completed and in Russ's hands.

I would like to see entries from Members who have not recorded and written songs before, so please e-mail me privately if I can be of assistance.

Roger

Hey, Is this still on??
I would like to give it a go.
Let me know. Thanks.

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

Yep! and you have untill oct 1st to submit your entry smile

stretch papa wrote:

Hey, Is this still on??
I would like to give it a go.
Let me know. Thanks.

Thank You sir.

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

Doug there is a instrumental catagory as well you may submit a musical arrangment without lyrics smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Really having a hard time getting started with the lyrics, not having written anything poetic in like a couple of decades.

"Time is nearing the deadline for submitting your entry" this is just a friendly reminder. Russell

Well tommorow is the deadline if anyone need more time you better speak up now as I will wait till 6pm CST and give you the results so let me know as soon as possible please smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

"Time is nearing the deadline for submitting your entry" this is just a friendly reminder. Russell

THE WINNERS!!
In the instrumental category the entry by Arkady "Crime"
in the vocal category the entry by Roger Guppy "Yoda's Song"
I would like to extend my congratulations and award the first Challenge winners the bragging rights to have and to hold till the next challenge smile which will be announced at a later date, and I would like to thank all the members who downloaded the video and who viewed the topic and commented. Both of these songs are available on my mediafire site for download the link is (as usual) at the bottom of this post,thank you everone I hope you enjoyed this. Russell

I have just downloaded and played Ark's "Crime" (I had to add the .MP3 identifier to get it to play).

Another great instrumental piece from you Ark, both haunting and soothing, music I can listen to again and again. Well done.

I have posted "Yoda's Song" in the Songwriting section and also uploaded it to my MySpace.

I have to thank Crowellb and StretchPapa for the idea for the lyrics: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 591#p52591

Thank you Russ for the idea of "The Challenge", it certainly was a challenge but it was great fun to take part.

Roger

Russ.
Thanks for the idea of the "Challenge" it got me thinking and mixing and not always in that order. lol
Thanks Roger I've commented on your fine entry in the songwriting forum.
Look forward to another "Challenge" in the future Russ.

Ark

Good Job you guys! 

I have dowloaded the winners and must say they are well deserving of the accolades and "bragging rights".

CONGRATULATIONS1

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I will congratulate both of you once again, good job ark and roger smile