Topic: "Tell Me Tell Me"

This one started out a while back when some very strange stories began circulating about a friend and colleague.  Turns out there was actually a very tiny grain of truth behind all the wild tales - but the local rumor mill churned out some very bizarre embellishments that mean-spirited jerks were quite willing to believe.

Tell Me Tell MeJames McCormick, September 1, 2008

[Am]People sayin' this, [D]people sayin' that

[Am]People tellin' stories, [D]sayin' it is fact

[Am]Story gettin' bigger, as [D]time goes by

[F]Tell me tell me tell me, [G]Tell me . . . . no [Am]lies . . .[E7] . . .

[F]Look me in the eyes, [G]tell me what is true

[F]Tell me all about it, [G]what did you do

[Am]Tell me what, tell me where, [D]tell me who and how

[F]Tell me straight, [E7]tell me now . . .

[Am]Tell me tell me tell me, [D]tell me true

[Am]Tell me all about it, [D]I trust you

[Am]Tell me tell me tell me, [D]tell me it's all lies

[F]Tell me tell me tell me, [G]look me . . . in the [Am]eyes . . .[E7] . . .

[F]Tell me straight, [E7]tell me now . . .

[Am]Tell me tell me tell me, [D]tell me please

[Am]Tell me tell me secrets, [D]tell me honestly

[Am]Tell me tell me tell me, [D]look me in the eyes

[F]Tell me tell me tell me, [G]tell me . . . no [Am]lies . . .[E7] . . .

[F]Tell me straight, [G]tell me [Am]now

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: "Tell Me Tell Me"

My biggest pet peeve is people who start hurtful rumors about people just to entertain themselves. Good topic good song.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I think alot of people try too hurt others by starting rumors ,and they just seem too get worse as they go along,I also know alot of people it to make themselves look better.[they have a low self esteem].Anyways james I played your song a couple of times and I LIKE IT.                            dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Im nosey in a curious way. I like to know whats happening in life.

But mean gossip never settles right with me. It can take  good conversation into
nothingness and leave me with a sour feeling in my gut. When my wee sister died, someone started a rumour we were not speaking at the time? So So not true. My sister for a short time decided to isolate herself to come to terms with her impending death. We,who loved her understood this. We helped  her by respecting the dignity of this wish. But some peanut brained person decided to put there own slant on this  happening. Which did hurt us  deeply.

Gossip mongers take note! everything you give out comes back 3 fold.

Very powerful piece James.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi James,

Having been the victim of slanderous campaign last year, which was only halted with the help of a solicitor, I know only too well what damage people can do with lies. I was lucky in respect that several people who know me well enough to know that the stories were scurrilous let me know in good time to stop it early.

I do like your song and the chording for it is great. I am hoping soon to hear your melodious tones bring it to life (and finding out how far away my interpretation of it is too).

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger, your wish is my command!

I just now finished putting "Tell Me Tell Me" up on my 'Songs for Human and Autoharp' page.
Hear is here:
http://www.myspace.com/r200james

As always, 'tis a flawed recording of an imperfect rendition of an original song that might actually be good . . .

Jets, Dino, & Old Doll - thanks for your positive feedback!
I'm off to work now.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Why thanks James,

A first class 'flawed' recording which I could not help but join in playing with you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hi james,

nice power chords my man, i could hear plenty of bass and heavy guitars and drums giving this a back beat full of gusto!

as far as gossip goes, i hate it when people just make it up to amuse themselves or to back-stab someone who may once have been a friend, but as i always say; if they're talking about you, they're giving someone else a rest.

nice one

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi james its true rumours do get exagerated,years ago it got round at work that i'd taken my family to blackpool in the works van,no way,but people beleived it ,i gave up trying to convince them it was'nt true,ah well,great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Another well written(and played and sung) piece James. smile
Being the brunt of false rumors can take its toll on the strongest of men and women alike.
Great topic.
Thanks
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)