Topic: Cowbells

I was just listening to Mountains "Mississippi Queen" and got to wondering how many other songs out there have the lowly but beautiful sounding cowbell in it.It's one of those sounds that just makes a song come to life.
In my searching I found this cool site that searches out all music videos posted on the net and archives them.Really easy to navigate and has tons of vids.Check it out and let me know what you think. smile
http://ckuik.wordpress.com/

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Cowbells

Nice web-site.

Here are some Cowbell Classics;

Low Rider by War
Gimme 3 Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd
We're an American Band by Grand Funk Railroad

Give everything but up.

Hi Kap,

Listen, I love the site from the link you put up, I've been here the last hour listening to Jackson Browne, big fan of his, thanks again so much for posting it, well, I'm off to listen to a few more people!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

4 (edited by mixter102 2008-09-10 05:43:27)

"I have a Fever, and the only prescription is More Cowbell!"

Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw

doesnt...everybodys working for the weekend by loverboy start out with a cowbell?

honky tonk woman

hair of the dog

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

OK I'll admit I'm kinda "stupid" when it comes to percussion.... But I thought cowbells were "Standard Issue" in a set of drums.

Gibraltar rack, snare, couple three toms, high-hat, bass, crash, ride, clave, and a couple Holsteins waiting for cue! LOL

Take Care; Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

riddler wrote:

doesnt...everybodys working for the weekend by loverboy start out with a cowbell?

Thanks Riddler...I was just starting to be able to forget Loverboy!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

This is a good site, ive been trawling through it.

Thanks for posting Kapa.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey kap ,I was going downtown today and had my radio on,edger winters song Frankenstien came on {awsome song]  when the drummer came in on the first solo he did play the cowbells,I dont rember hearing these before but they where there.         dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino

Edgar Winter did a superb job on Frankenstien.I don't recall the cowbellls but I will certainly listen for them the next time I hear it. smile
Thanks
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

dare i say it: the beatles "drive my car"

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.