Topic: CHALLENGE; Rock God

Russ Harding issued a challenge some time ago, I've only just found it, and this is my reply. It's called "Rock God", it has nothing to do with religion so it's not blasphemous, it has to do with those self-delusiory people who go on X Factor.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: CHALLENGE; Rock God

I'm in the process of recording this song and a few others, so it'll get on my space eventually smile

phill

I'm thinking that a lot of people will and can relate to this one Phill.
Looking forwards to hearing this one also. smile
Good Stuff!

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Phil for writing a song about me, take away the blonde hair, blues eyes, pony tail and verse 3 and you got me lol lol lol

I have just played it through, a very good song, and I am now looking forward to the recording.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Phil I am looking forward to this! (your recording) I love the lyrics you have composed they tell a story and I will be recording this song soon and I will include your name for lyrics if you dont mind and if anything comes of it (money) I will contact you, again great job on the words russell smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi phill it makes you think how many wannabe's have made it and how many got no-where great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

ok, last one first;

daddycool, the world is full of wannabee's, i'm one, but i'm also realistic enough to know i'm too old now to be top of the pops. unfortunately, most x factor entrants don't realise it, all they want [even the good one's] is a fast lane to the top.

hi russ,  yeh yeh gimme the money man! if only...i'm getting to the point where some money [preferably in large amounts] would come pouring through my letter box.  i'm hoping to finish the recording tonight when the wife is out [it's easier that way]

roger, it's about you...how did you guess? i think we're all in there somewhere, without the pony tail, and i've never worn leather trousers...have you?

thanks kap, as i mention above, hope to up load it tonight

thanks again for your kind comments

phill

Phill I will include this song with your lyrics on the CD I am recording at Traxx 52 and your name will also be included on the copyright as a contributing writer and as I stated earlier when this new CD and the songs on it are published (and they will be) I will be in touch and request your letter box number and you will receive a share for your efforts,I will keep you informed as to the progress of this project and notify you when I know more  Russ smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi russ,  yeh yeh gimme the money man! if only...i'm getting to the point where some money [preferably in large amounts] would come pouring through my letter box.  i'm hoping to finish the recording tonight when the wife is out [it's easier that way]

phill

Dear Russel,

how long have you known me now? and you still don't get my sense of humour.

i wrote those words for the enjoyment i get from writing and taking part, i wasn't demanding money, specially not from you as i think of you as one of my best friends, and anything i can do for you i will...just ask. eg; if you want me to write some more words for you which will be an easy one! and an honour.

Pressing on...i've now uploaded "rock god" so anyone that wants to hear a country song done rock style have a look in myspace [web site on the left]

phill

Hey Phill - Challenge or not this is a good song about most of those who try and make it in the biz...good one to get your fingers sore on. smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Aaaah Shucks its never there when i go to myspace.

Must be an Irish thing!  I love the lyrics, Yes i see what you mean about  about some people.

Kinda sad i guess. Its the ones who cant sing a note im always gobsmacked at.. Then there are people who genuinely feel
they have an eternal entitlement to life ! What planet are they on ?

Good work as always Phil.

Old Doll.

Ps, remember the Merseys . Sorrow". One of your lines reminded me of them.  A compliment Sir. Dont be offended.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Phil I know you were not demanding money and forgive me if I did not understand your sense of humour I just wanted to make you feel comfortable with my intentions of publishing these lyrics I suppose I should have done so in a private email but we yanks are a brash lot and prone to committing fopas at an alarming rate so "no sweat" as we say on this side of the pond russ smile

Phill Williams wrote:

Dear Russel,

how long have you known me now? and you still don't get my sense of humour.

i wrote those words for the enjoyment i get from writing and taking part, i wasn't demanding money, specially not from you as i think of you as one of my best friends, and anything i can do for you i will...just ask. eg; if you want me to write some more words for you which will be an easy one! and an honour.

Pressing on...i've now uploaded "rock god" so anyone that wants to hear a country song done rock style have a look in myspace [web site on the left]

phill

hi helena,

yep your right it must be an irish thing, big_smile
conversely it can take a day to up load some songs [maybe longer in ireland?:D]  i'll check if it's there later, if not i'll upload again.

hi jeff,

nice to hear from you, how are you mate?
it's funny how just hearing someone playing a riff can get the juices flowing, i just hope russ likes what i've done to it.

felicitations russel,

as i've said to jeff above, i hope you like what i've done to your tune, i have not followed the melody line that you give on the video and i have no clue where the rock god bit came from, as i say i am just the scribe, where the words come from i can't tell

hi again

i've just looked at myspace and it appears that where you were once allowed 6 songs, you can have only 5 now, so i deleted one to get rock god up. more appologies this time to helena and the irish nation... sorry i guess it's not an irish thing after all roll

Just had a listen Great arrangement on the chords! and I like the feel of the whole song kind of a toe tapper smile nice one

Phil I just visited my profile page and there are 6 songs maybe this limit to 5 is on your side of the pond smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi again

i've just looked at myspace and it appears that where you were once allowed 6 songs, you can have only 5 now

apparently everything is smaller over here? roll

but good things come in small packages cool

Hey Phill
Great recording. Liked the driving guitar and vocals.
Well done mate.
I've still got 6 songs on Myspace at the mo tongue
On Soundclick you can upload as many songs as you want..
Ark

I Phill,

I really enjoyed this one, far beter for hearing it than just seeing it written, great recording.

By the way I too can still get 6 songs on MySpace.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

hi guys,

must be a hicup on my site then, it has been taking a long time to process my songs lately.

i'll have to give sound click a go ark, thanks for the suggestion

phill

wow

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr