Topic: Hello!

Hello to all who responded to my previous posts!

You'll recall that I was awaiting spinal surgery.

Well, things got a lot more complicated when I saw my surgeon yesterday......

The simple surgical procedure I was told would free me from pain and restore me to mobility is not going to be possible, according to my MRI results.

What is now proposed is a very much more complex surgery, that carries considerable risks and has no guarantee of success.

I've decided NOT to undergo it.

I'll stick with the pain & limited mobility I have now.

Somehow, I'll find a way to take up my guitar again.

Thanks to all who were supportive before.

Star sign; Sagittarius
Motto; If it ain't broke, don't mend it!

Re: Hello!

Tough choice,but unknown results or possible complications and risks add up to danger to your health and life so given the choices I think you made the right one because new procedures and better equipment may take the risk factor down the discomfort you have to endure is not pleasent im sure but if you can deal with it its still a better choice.good luck with it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Hello!

Hi Meggity,

Sorry to hear that the simpler option, is not an option for you.  Like Russell said, there are new procedures coming down the road all the time. So your decision not to take the risk at this time may in the long run get you a better safer option, some time in the near future.  Having been under the knife and weighing those kind of options myself, I really understand that the final decision has to be yours alone and only you can judge the wisdom of that.  When I had my surgery there was a 5% chance of a nasty outcome, the odds have improved since, but I was doing "Our Fathers" all the way into the operating theatre.  A recent auto accident has damaged another couple of areas in my spine for which there is no surgical option due to extreme risk, so like you I will have to cope.

We are here, and available to support you and your decision if you need a friend to lean on.

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare