Topic: Things I learned on Facebook.

Before I deactivated my Facebook account I learned a couple of things.
!. People who have never played a game of Football or driven a Stock car can be experts on the subjects on Monday mornings.
2. Some Church goers have more faith in their horoscope than the Holy Bible.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Things I learned on Facebook.

What's Facebook??

Have as much use for it as Twitter.... Sorry to those of you that think it's grand!  Somehow I don't feel any burning need to be intimately connected to a half-million people at any given time.  I have my friends, family and of course my extended Chordie Family, beyond that my needs for social interaction are well met Thanks.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I have avoided going to them as my computers secururty keeps alerting me of risks on the sights.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I only have Facebook as most of my family back in the UK are on and I am able to keep up with what is happening there. I find it infuriating as a lot of the comments there are disjointed and inane. I also have far better things to do with my time than run an imaginary farm or cafe so I spend little time on it.

One good thing came from it recently, I was able to 'chat' with Toney (SouthPaw41L) and that was a treat, otherwise I find that it is pretty boring.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I had one and deleted it for the same reasons as Doug and Roger it seemed a waste of time

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I joined Facebook only so I could find some of my real old friends.  I went to High School in Germany and Maine and never get to see old friends.  I have found a few, which is well worth it.  I only go on to see if a new friend has shown up.  Usually spend all of a minute or two on it during any given day.  Other than that I have no use for it either.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

What is this, the grumpy old man's corner?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

It appears so, alvee.  Maybe we need a grumpy old fart section.  Something to think about.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

hAd Facebook to keep track on my kids, they blocked me!!! LOL

Facebook, Twitter etc: People should get out more. I'd rather have 10 real friends than 1000 faceless and dummy friends. Also why do people think that their lives are sooooo important that they spill the beans on everything they have done on any given day. Some things are best left unsaid.
Ps: This is grumpy, nearly middle aged mans corner.

cheers
sinkybhoy

my daughter spends half the night on it, then cant get up next morning! who wants to talk to people that used to bully you in school anyway. or you used to bully? is this therapy?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

If it weren't for Facebook, I would not have known about this video which never fails to make me laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFgtFXfnv0

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Now that's pure entertainment, Zurf.  I need the chords to that.

Thanks for the laugh Zurf I never fail to get a kick out of the muppets smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

bensonp wrote:

Now that's pure entertainment, Zurf.  I need the chords to that.

Sorry Pete, you need to post in the 'Song Requests' section for that lol.

Roger

I've found facebook to be a great way to connect / stay in touch with distant friends and relatives that I had lost contact with. Sure, some folks abuse it, posting every little detail of their day - I just ignore those that get on my nerves. There are dozens of people I have reconnected with since joining FB and without it, I seriously doubt we would have ever gotten together. Just reading the almost daily posts from my nieces make it worthwhile - it gives us an easy means of communication on a much more regular basis than the 6 or 8 times a year I actually visit with them face to face.

Now, myspace - that's a site I never understood or bothered with.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Zurf, not only did I enjoy that but my dog pricked her ears up and listened too.

Mind you her name is Minnie so perhaps she thought the song was about her smile.

Roger

Facebook keeps me in touch with distant friends and relatives. It is less formal than letter writing. Responses are not required but welcomed.
Zurf, don't get me started on the magnificent Muppets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUeVAkzEas

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I like facebook.  It lets me see pictures of Roger's kitties and weird looking bugs... I get to put some faces to names on Chordie... and share some of my music with people who didn't know they were interested.  I've gotten quite a few customers that were former classmates all because I connected with them on facebook (hadn't seen them in 15 years, yet they came to me to have their hair done just because).  I keep a business facebook page for my husband's Tattoo Shop and he's gotten a LOT of customers because of facebook (and retained a lot... as it's easy to update when he'll be closed on there as he tends to forget to put a note on his door several days in advance). 

The bonus of course is things like the Muppets!  smile  Plus, it's replaced all those horrid annoying emails everyone used to send me (I don't want to read through 50 forwarded jokes just to get to the email from my bank - although my mom isn't on facebook yet so she still sends them).  With facebook, I can just read what I want if/when I want.  Lately, I haven't been on there tooooo much because I'm working full time now.  It's still nice to check things out when I've got some time though. 

As for Deadstring's first comment about the church goers with more faith in horoscopes than the bible... I agree, and actually appreciate that facebook has allowed me to know which ones of those church goers I don't want to bother having a religious discussion with.  My cup is half full!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

i wish i had'nt joined,you add a friend and inherit a family,all chatting about something you know nothing about then they poke you and you're supposed to poke them back,exciting i don't think,then there's all the invites,fish worlld,farmville,then there's a battle one where you have to build a fortress,settlement and invade other settlements,rob,steal and plunder,then when you log on again all your fort and settlement has been trashed,what a waste of time,some like it though....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I quite like Facebook as well. Helps to keep in touch with family and friends around the world. And I'm a grumpy, middle aged (well late middle aged :-)) old dude too. My Mother is on it too - and she's even older.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

My boss has a son and that video of the muppets totally encapsulates everything he is about. Me me me me me. Of course, he has a facebook page, the muppet.
Thanks Zurf for crossing the i's and dotting the t's.

cheers
sinkybhoy

i think that should read " DOTTING THE I'S AND CROSSING THE T's.
Blame the beer.

cheers
sinkybhoy

alvee33 wrote:

What is this, the grumpy old man's corner?

ROFL!!!

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Funny (Bizarre?) story re: Facebook.  I'm not on it, but my wife is.  We live in Texas and returned to West Virginia recently for a funeral.

While we were there we ate dinner at a restaurant, and coincidentally a person came in whom my wife had (just a few days prior) accepted a "friend" request from.  They hadn't seen each other in years, but he recognized her immediately and said hello, and she said hello.

And that was it.

It struck us both as weird that someone would make it a point to connect via Facebook and then essentially blow you off when (after several years) they see you in person.

This experience confirmed for me right then and there that it was a bit messed up.

'Nom

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.