Re: Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

Our daughter graduated from high school this summer and we've been knee deep in the hoopla getting her and us ready for her entry in to college tomorrow.  Not to mention having her get her Driver's license. 

SO I haven't been here as often as I should to pick up good tips and advice. 

I'm also in the middle of prepping myself to get back into the nursing workforce with workshops and refresher courses.  I haven't practiced as an RN for nigh on 5 years.  To play the role of stay home dad and househusband. 

Hopefully I can get here on a more consistent basis once the dust settles.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Congrats on the graduation of your daughter Ozymandias!  My oldest is just entering high school this year and it seems like yesterday he was just entering pre-k.  I have one entering kindergarten this year, and I still have one more to start pre-k next year though... so I've a way before I get them all out of the house wink  I'm sure I'll cry my eyeballs out when the last one goes... but for now, I'm enjoying being home with her (most of the time I enjoy it)!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Congrats on the graduation of your daughter Ozymandias!  My oldest is just entering high school this year and it seems like yesterday he was just entering pre-k.  I have one entering kindergarten this year, and I still have one more to start pre-k next year though... so I've a way before I get them all out of the house wink  I'm sure I'll cry my eyeballs out when the last one goes... but for now, I'm enjoying being home with her (most of the time I enjoy it)!

Thanks, she was delivered unto the institution of higher learning yesterday.  A long day of hauling stuff into her dorm room, but the weather was great.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Hello old friends, and new one's i've not yet had the pleasure to 'meet'.. smile   I've had a busy summer, split in the middle by dental surgery where i had my upper and lower right side teeth removed.  In a few weeks more the remaining will also be removed and i'll have false teeth fitted.  Gee, i bet you all really wanted to know that..!  lol.. But that's where i've been. There, and at the park with the children, and having BBQ's (can still eat on one side!).. Been a fairly good suumer apart from the usual British weather being rubbish... big_smile xxxxxxx

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Hi Rachael,

Funnily enough you were one of the people that came to mind when Toney started this thread so, dental work aside, I am pleased you are OK and hope you can spend more time with us.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger! 

Awww, it's kinda nice to know i've been missed!  My guitaring has come on lots since i was last here. If i remember correctly, my last postings were about me 'hitting a wall' with my progress.  Since then i've been learning some theory on scales and such. My husband has also been learning to play bass since January, and has made such good progress we are able to do a little jamming together!

Rachael xx

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Radchael1975 wrote:

Hi Roger! 

Awww, it's kinda nice to know i've been missed!  My guitaring has come on lots since i was last here. If i remember correctly, my last postings were about me 'hitting a wall' with my progress.  Since then i've been learning some theory on scales and such. My husband has also been learning to play bass since January, and has made such good progress we are able to do a little jamming together!

Rachael xx

Awesome!  smile

Still hereabouts, but spending more time on the dreaded Facebook, these days!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I  am present and accounted for I think,happy labor day 2010

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

normtheguitar wrote:

Still hereabouts, but spending more time on the dreaded Facebook, these days!

Ditto

61 (edited by PapaTom 2010-10-05 18:24:17)

When I see a discussion group starting to fade, I often find myself fighting the urge to post something...ANYTHING, just to keep the interaction alive.  I need to fight that a little harder, as I've posted some stupid stuff lately, not only on this newsgroup, but on others.

Anyway, the Chordie Forum seems to have come alive again, so I guess we all just needed to wait until we had something un-stupid to say!

Me with my first ukulele, a Junior Beatles model, in 1966.  After Mom threw it down the stairs in a fit of rage, I became a drummer for life.  At age 43, I bought my second uke...

Some members of this forum have been posting here for years and have seen many of the topics 2 or 3 times already, but some of the newer members have not and can learn from the simplest of discussions. So I say if you think of something or have a question then post it and let the other members of the forum decide if it is "stupid" or "unstupid" to them and whether they want to respond to it. After all we come to these forums to share experience and learn from each other so I say post away.

Indeed, post away, ask the questions.  Just keep it clean and flamer free.  BUT, we are here to learn and get better at our favorite obsession.................music and string instruments.

What up Chordie!!! I dont get around a computer much and my phone doesnt let me access chordie. Still love the site, still writing songs, still learning songs.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

still checking in,I think most of us have seen the majority of posts, it seems like alot more people are going to the social chat rooms. I do not think any members have left chordie.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Where have all the chordians gone
long time paaaassing.
long time agooooooooo

gone to practice everyone
when will they plaaaaaaaaaaay
where will they eeeeeeeever play! 

(please tell me that I haven't violated any copyright rules!)   PLEEEEEAAAASSSE

FWIW, the Devil made me do it!

Hey Oz, was that Peter, Paul and Mary, or the Kingston Trio. If it was, I know it was an early 60's group, I wouldn't worry  tooooo much about copyright. by now they're all waaay  tooo old to remember who did what in those heady days.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Where Have all the Flowers Gone - everyone did it, not sure who wrote it, but I think it was Pete Seger who's still with us and in his 90's

buvvy wrote:

Hey Oz, was that Peter, Paul and Mary, or the Kingston Trio. If it was, I know it was an early 60's group, I wouldn't worry  tooooo much about copyright. by now they're all waaay  tooo old to remember who did what in those heady days.

Kingston trio did the version that I remember best.  And Pete Seeger did it as well.  We just did it in our group string band class. 

According to my book, "Rise up Singing" It was written by the Fall River Music Inc in 1961.  Inspired by 3 lines of an old Ukrainian folksong. 

Since it's still up, I'll assume that my cheeky variation hasn't violated any chordie rules. 

Pete Seeger, what an awesome dude, still pickin and a singin'.  He's my role model of what I want to be if I reach my nineties!

Here is the link to Wikipedia about this song. As you can see everyone and his aunt recorded it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Have … rs_Gone%3F

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for that Roger.

Does that mean that everybody and their Aunt's Solicitors will be lining up Writs in hand?

Good to see so many old poster's new posts.... WE missed y'all!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare