Topic: Independent Artists Country Music

Recently, with the help of a few awesome Chordians, I uploaded a version of one of my original songs to my soundclick account.  I was SHOCKED to receive an email the other day that someone had added my song to their playlist.  Well, come to find out this lady on SoundClick is out there kind of making up her own radio type show of various independent artists on SoundClick.  This is some pretty neat marketing, and obviously if you ask her to do a plug with your song she will (I suppose she might have to like it a little too).  Of course now, I have NO CLUE how many people really listen to her "Country Rose Show" including all these different artists, but I do know that I had more listens to my song yesterday than ever, as well as a few more visits to my page.  Anyhow, I thought this might be of interest to some of you from the "marketing yourself" end... and for others, listening pleasure to independent country artists on soundclick!

Here's the link to her page where you can listen to her weekly "show"!  Enjoy!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default … dID=590365

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Independent Artists Country Music

Cool!

Next thing you know you'll be hiring a Nanny, buying an old bus, and hitting the Concert Circuit!

Just kidding you know....  somehow I get the impression that you really enjoy the "Mom" part of your life at the moment, but keep on making music.

Thanks for the link.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

You shouldn't be "shocked" to be added to a play list. Your music is wonderful. I am a fan too.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks guys!  You are right Doug... there's a part of me that would love to be out there, but I do value my private time at home with my family way too much.  I don't know how the stars can stand to be in the public eye all the time.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Well, good for you, mekidsmom.  Keep it up.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Can I have an autograph?

We can all say we knew her back when she was just her kids mom and a fellow Chordian! LOL  You're damn near famous!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio