Topic: What are you sitting on.

My computer chair has failed. It was comfortable, adjustable but not good for playing guitar because it had stationary arms. 
I was wondering what type chairs or stools others were using  to multitask. I have a stool which  is great for playing but not for surfing the net. Does anyone have an adjustable (height) chair with no arms or arms that move out of the way?
    I can and will run a search but It might be interesting to see what others have found and are using.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: What are you sitting on.

I have a regular padded secretary type chair with no arms.  It adjusts up and down and the back adjusts also.  I looked underneath it , but no name.  I do like a chair with arms for the computer, but I have gotten used to this one.  I use it when playing my guitar 90% of the time.  Now, a chair that has arms that flip up would be nice.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I picked up a used chair that swivels with no arms its great for  guitar or pc and I can multi taks with my chess set thats setup  next to me inbeteen surfing and jamming I paid 3 dollars for it at st vincent de paul thrift shop smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

An old Tavern chair I rescued in a renovation we worked on, the owner wanted to throw it in a dumpster. It's well made and built in 1959,
year I was born. thats what I"m a sittin on.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

I have a regular office chair, leather with wheels and arms that I use 90% of the time on the computer.  When I want to play and be on the computer at the same time, I roll it away and pull one of my dining room chairs over.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My Butt big_smile big_smile big_smile

southrnrockr wrote:

My Butt big_smile big_smile big_smile

Pictures please but please wear a cap so we can tell which end is up!:P:P:P

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I bought a cheap roll around office chair at WalMart. It creaks loudly. It has no arms. Handy for guitar picking.                                                   When I sold my Pontiac, my grandson wanted a proper office chair so I got him an expensive one with arms. It is quiet. He likes it. I don't. Leaning back is impossible in an armchair and playing guitar is impractical.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'm in there with Pete and Toots... no frills office chair with good lumbar support.  Perfect for doing PC stuff and mostly fine for guitar practice with a little bit of a stool to elevate one leg to keep the Ovation on my lap without superglue.  In the music room it is usually a Cajon (box drum) with a padded top and a strap on the guitar, or a bar stool, or standing with a mic in my face and a midi stomp switch close at foot.

I switch up a lot.... comes with the bad back and not being able to stay in one position for too long at a stretch.  Hate the chairs down at the Pub I've been jammin' at.... too low, too hard, and too tight of a space to move around if everyone shows up.  I can usually get through the first set, but then if it doesn't thin out have to cut and run while I'm still able to under my own power.  Not because the in-house brew is catching up with me..... although I hear it is a pretty good Ale!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

The stool I mentioned actually came from a Doctors examining room. It is padded, has rollers and is adjustable.
  I am enjoying the replies. At least we have a conversation going. Thanks for sharing.

I usually parkmecarcus on the sofa.

Butch8844 wrote:

I usually parkmecarcus on the sofa.

Ditto!!!!

I also had a swivel chair. A terrific old one from my office years ago.

Comfy it was for me for both Pc and Guitar... My son bought a house last year.. He loves fly tying.

Imagine i never seen that chair head out my door with him when he was leaving !

" Aah Ma " he said when i asked " My ass is much bigger then yours, "I'll get you a smaller one"

Not a mention of it since lol

I could do with a back rub , any offers ? No ! Ok then, Badeye stick on the kettle will ya lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Me, I like a high - no back - padded - bar stool. High enough to keep 1 foot on the floor and 1 foot on the 2nd rung as it is easier to rest the guitar on my leg.

Nela

NELA, I have a wicker padded high stool for gigging. It has no back but is very comfortable and the rungs have my thigh parrallel to the floor so the git fiddle stays put.
Old Doll, back rubs are my specialty.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

16 (edited by badeye 2010-10-15 09:59:11)

Your tea is ready miss Lena.  Toots is ready for your rub. would you like a short bread cookie with your tea?

we take good care of you.

segosha,,     cool

one caper after another

Had a standard Ikea desk chair...
The back fell off the other week.

Now I have a rolling seat with wheels and hydraulic lift.
My back is getting stronger from the lack of support during those long hours at the computer however...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Most of my playing is done sitting cross legged (indian style) on the floor/ground..... I use a roll around chair with a low back or an ottoman when I'm playing in front of the pc.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I usually stand when playing/ practicing.  I do have an hydraulically adjusted stool that I use on rare occasions but I never sit down when playing live (ok, there was that one time but that was it, I swear).:)

Now available in 5G !

To be honest I play best in me sleep!

I am using an old office chair,it took some time to get used to playing guitar on it ,but I adjusted to it after awile.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman