Topic: What song(s) are you working on now?

If you are a beginner like me or a seasoned pro like some, I was just wondering what tunes you are working on right now? Or what songs do you really like to play?

I have been practicing the beginners "F" chord. You know, the "C" shaped, non-barred variation.
Been working through a few Old 97's songs like "The New Kid", "The Magician" and "Curtain Calls".

Re: What song(s) are you working on now?

Son House recorded an a capella song that was just him singing a clapping. Its called "John the Revelator".  I'm trying to adapt it to dobro tuned in open E.  Basically, its a one chord gospel tune but that one chord's got some great changes!

Now available in 5G !

I don't have as much time to play around as I did a few months back... so I've been working on one for a few weeks now.  "In my Daughter's Eyes" Martina McBride... It's originally a piano song but Chordie has some chords for it, so I'm working on a decent picking technique to make it sound nice on guitar.  I'll bet a true classical player could make the guitar sing this song out like a piano!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

4 (edited by caromshot 2010-11-08 15:20:54)

I have a repertoire of a few songs that I like to play. Currently, I am playing Tom Dooley, The Rose, Seven Spanish Angels. I am hoping to try Amanda soon, now that I have a basic strum pattern for it.

"Mercy Street" - Peter Gabriel

"Carolina on My Mind"
"One Morning in May"
"Country Road", all from James Taylor (or in the case of One Morning in May, the JT version)

Also just started on "This Old House" by CSNY. I think Neil Young wrote it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ebon Coast by Andy McKee.

Should keep me busy until well into the New Year.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Christmas music....solo arrangements

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I have been doing some flaminco style picking . also doing some jim croce tunes, Operator, I got a name, and acouple of his others. Also doing some of Americas tunes. ( wish I had a twelve string for those )

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Guitarpix got me digging on "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson. I have had a couple of sessions with it but will not have it cleaned up and ready for the Chordilina jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyrIRyrRdY

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?