Topic: Gallstones!!

I have been experiencing a sharp pain in my right side which made it really hard to take a breath this started 3 days ago so I went to my doctor and he scheduled me for a CT scan for those who are not familiar with a CT scan you sit in a chair and drink two large foul tasting glasses of  what can only be described as "liquid chalk" for a period of 1 and a half hours prior to the scan this is to insure the contents find there way all the way to your colon so they can take a "photo" when they inserted me into the apparatus it looks like something from Star-gate the table with you moves thru this ring and then they fire up the thrusters and a hot rush is felt the length of your body, horrible feeling but its over then and my doctor was informed I had Gallstones that had to be removed so next week I go under the knife and get my gallbladder removed I was worried it could be something worse like cancer but not this time its an inpatient one day operation with a day of rest in the hospital after surgery and I will be back to my usual self. life go's on obladee oblada smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Gallstones!!

Hi Russell

So glad that it's nothing more than gallstones.  I send you my best wishes that everything goes well with the surgery.  I'm sure it will be a great relief to be pain free.

All the very best

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

It's never nice to have to have surgery, but removing your gallbladder is about as routine as it gets these days.  Had mine removed a dozen years ago with nothing I can think of as side affects after the surgery.  You will be fine.  Recovery for awhile is a good reason to write some new music and play a little bit until you are well again.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Well bummer and hooray all in the same sentence.  Bummer you have to have a surgery.  Hooray that modern medicine knows just how to make you feel better safely (or as safe as surgery gets).  I'll be praying for your safety and quick recovery Russell.  Knock out a couple more of those outlaw country tunes while the anesthesia's got you "feelin' alright." 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

thanks for all your well wishes and I feel a few songs comming on(about time) keep ya informed thanks again smile

You'll do fine Russell.  One of my daughters had hers out several years ago and never had a problem with it.  Good luck.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Sorry to hear that you are due for surgery but very pleased that it is not more serious.

Here is a couple of lines that might help towards your recovery song:

"To be on your own, with no direction home,     
Like a complete unknown, like a removed gall stone." 

All the best,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

May your discomfort be brief and your nurses beautiful.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hope you get to feelin better real soon Russell and that your back to your old self soon.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Get well soon. I know you'll be back ripping those signature riffs in no time. smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Russell, get well soon. But, since the surgury will be a 1 day affair, don't forget to ask for your "sponge bath". Check out the nurses, pick out a purty one and then go to the operating room with a smile on your face.

Nela

Hi russell,glad to hear you do not have something more serious,I hope you get back to playing soon and maybe you might get lucky with a nurse.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

A fast recovery to you Russel, be back to icecream in no time..

badeye

one caper after another

I had a informative conversation with my sister she had the same operation so I feel a little more relieved and less worried I will meet and talk with the surgeon tomorrow he has all the CT scan data and there are some new procedures with lasers so I appreciate all the well wishes and I will know more tomorrow thanks for caring smile

smile  Well here's hoping it's as quick and painless as possible ... surgery and hospitals, no matter what, is not fun!  I know my mom had hers out years ago.  She was warned with having to eat a healthier diet and all.  I think she did for a few years, but she hasn't really been watching her intake all that much in the past 5 or so and she's doing great.  She was back to work within a day or two of the operation if I remember correctly too.  smile  Take it easy, and have someone make you a nice dinner for when you get home.  The boiled "steak" and unseasoned mashed taters never do quite satisfy!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have had hospital food some is fit for human consumption but I have to laugh when I think of the guy here in Wisconsin who shot his TV in protest over the Palin dancing routine there have to be tougher things to worry about then that smile

hi russ you should'nt have to go under the knife for gallstones,my mother had a tube down her throat and they took ten stones out that way,well good luck and a speedy recovery.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I wish you well with your op Russ.
All the best.
ark

19 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-11-19 21:46:03)

thanks Ark and Robert I spoke with the surgeon regarding not removing the infected organ just the stones and he told me that would only prolong the problem because the gallbladder is like a factory and it will keep on manufacturing bad stones because the organ is bad removing it is the only way to stop it.I tend to agree with the surgeon. smile

Well Russell, sooner or later all that ice-cream and root-beer will gang up on a fella!

Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery short!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi again russell,I thinkthe gallbladder is the organ that takes care of the fat/oily foods that go into your body. I think you will have to watch your diet after this. I have heard that they can blast them with a laser? but I do not know much about the way they do it.I know a few people who had thiers done and they said it was real easy and back to work in a few days.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Doug I dont think it was the rootbeer and ice cream but if I have to avoid some foods then I gotta do what I gotta do smile

Best of luck Russell... You have lots of of great music left in that body and soul of yours...... Prove me right !!!

All the best,

SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Toney thank you for the nice words of encourgment I just cant wait to get this over smile

hi russ i think mother would have benefitted also,they left one in and put this expander in to open the tube but she's full of wind all the time since,sometimes the best option is to remove it....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool