1 (edited by Rooster3 2007-05-23 00:11:01)

Topic: When Her Brown Hair Falls

Hello again...Rooster3 here and i must be on a roll or something because the creative mindset has hit me and i'm finishing songs that have been needin' finishin' for a while!

This song goes out to my dear friend that donated her hair to an organization that makes wigs for patients undergoing chemotherapy and cancer treatment.

When Your Brown Hair FallsCopywrite: Blake Stitcher

Intro:  C, Am, F, G

Verse 1:

You say that you [C] want to give back

To those that [G] won’t give in

So you take your [Am] place at a hairdresser’s seat

As the[F] barber’s wheel blows in the [G]wind

Verse2:

As you face yourself in the mirror

You are watchin’ your brown locks fall down

Your eye drops a tear when you look at me

And then hear the scissors sound.

Chorus:

(Kinds quick chord changes, but when finger picked and played slowly they flow great)

When your [F] brown hair [G] falls, [C]All around your [Am] face

There’s nothing that [F]I can [G] do, for my [C]heart as it[Am] races

When your [F]dark brown [G]eyes [C]fall to meet [Am] mine

Baby, you are [F] beautiful,[G]when your brown hair [C]falls.Am, F,G

Verse 3:

You know that this is all for a cause

In which you so strongly believe

You’re giving a small part of your life

To someone else that needs

Verse4:

When the chair is spun around at the end

And your brown locks are all gone

You smile because you know you’re giving them

To someone that once walked alone

Chorus

Bridge:

And [F] through it [C]all,you’ve [G]seemed to be the [C]same

You [F]gave away a [C]part of you,to help [G]someone make a [C]change

And as we [F]go out of the [G]beauty shop, With [Em]hands raised to the[F- bar cbord]

sky

We [C]leave behind a [G]small brown bag with a [F]part of your heart in[C]side

Chorus

Let me Know what ya'll think.....

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

Re: When Her Brown Hair Falls

hey rooster, I love the song.  Do you mind if I print it out and just practise it? 
It's probably one of the best I've heard.
I like the way you made it very personal for you and your girlfriend.

Hey snoman80  yeah you're more than welcome to print it out and i hope you enjoy playin it..........  I really appreciate the comment and its comments like that that keep me goin'!  Thank You

-Charlie Daniels

Hello Rooster, That is a really nice song.Kudos to your girlfriend for helping others in need.My brother raised money and shaved his head for cancer research a few years back.It's really a great thing to do for others.

take care.....Badeye.

one caper after another

What kind of tempo/strumming do you usually use with it?

Hello Blake - I took the liberty of applying the formatting codes so that your song would look as pretty as your generous & caring sweetie pie.  Nice idea & nice song.  It feels so good when ideas-in-progress finally get finished!  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

7 (edited by Rooster3 2007-05-18 12:36:44)

The chords are placed in front of the words that they are strummed on and I use kind of a slow 2 strum per chord or a finger pick that matches that time....It's not an up-tempo song but I think it flows better when played a little slower....With a slower 2 strum/chord rhythm it means lyrics flow a little faster though.

-Charlie Daniels

Lovely song with a great chord sequence. A wonderful tribute to a very special lady.

Thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

wow....i actually got goosebumps when i read the song...its so simple yet it has so much meaning...great song...now ill play it smile

saba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

10 (edited by Rooster3 2007-05-23 00:09:57)

You just made my day with the goosebumps compliment..I appreciate you takin the time to look at it!

-Charlie Daniels

hey rooster can i keep the line "you gave away a part of you to help someone make a change" as my nick? i really like that line...
saba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

What do mean by nick?  If you mean the line at the bottom of your posts then yeah i don't care.

-Charlie Daniels

k thanks

Ode to te cruel heart (nice name!) As Long as you promise not to copywrite what's already been copywrited by me i'm cool with it ...sorry to be a tailhole, but people on another website have been takin some of my stuff and using it....But i know i can trust you because you seem sincere and thank you for your compliments!

-Charlie Daniels

ur welcome...and yes i was taken aback by ur "i dont care"....oh well...yes i promise i wont do that coz im not that type of person...people really have been doing that...they sound really intalented and desperate to me to try to copy some one elses lyrics...ode to the cruel heart is the name of my song but as i mentioned earlier i cannot seem to get it up on the song writing forum....seem to get confused when i read the intructions....dumb me..
smile
saba

Hi Saba,

I have sent to you privately my e-mail address and I will help you get your song posted if you wish.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"