Re: Gallstones!!

cant agree more Robert "out damm spot" (apologies Mr.Shakespeare) smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

looks like Monday at 7am I will be in the hospital the surgery is set for 9am and they want me to stay till Tuesday to recover I know this is routine stuff but I am feeling a bit nervous.

Hi russell looks like you will be in there a day or two, so I hope it all goes well I have heard it is a pretty routine procedure,I know the feeling of being nervous as I have had alot of surgery,you never totally get over it. I really do not like the no food or water after 12 or so. I wish you well and know we will see you back here in a couple of days.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck, Russel. I believe the surgery today is preferable to the alternate technique of pulverizing the gall stones with ultrasound and having to pass them. OWIE!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Good luck Russell.  Everything will come out alright.  Let us know when you get out.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good luck Russ, I know how I felt a few weeks ago when I was told I may need a operation (thankfully I did not) so you have my sympathy. However we usually imagine these things to be worse than they actually are so I am sure you will be fine.

Still there will be some pretty nurses to chat up so you have that to look forward to wink.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good luck Russel.   

here's a tune for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQrQLvBQax0

speedy recovery to you.....   badeye   cool

one caper after another

I've set a reminder to pray for you as you're going into surgery.  I don't know where you stand on such things, but thought I'd let you know.  I wish there was something more tangible I could do for you, but at this distance I wouldn't know what. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Russell_Harding wrote:

looks like Monday at 7am I will be in the hospital the surgery is set for 9am and they want me to stay till Tuesday to recover I know this is routine stuff but I am feeling a bit nervous.

Id prepare myself for a longer stay. They say nine am but they really mean 6pm the next day. Hope all goes well for you Russ. Too bad they dont let you take a guitar with you.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I'll be sending good vibes your way Russ.

"Don't worry bout a thing, every little thing gonna be alright"

Later, Wayne P

I can just see Russell strumming in the recovery room.  NURSE.  Get my guitar.  The gall of it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers and badeye for the nnnnervious,well no backing away now take care of the farm and I'll chat when I return thanks again smile

Be good Russell, do what the Doctors and Nurses tell ya.... and try to keep track of the button for the CAD pump.  It looks like the one to page the nurse's station, but triggers the pain killers.  I about put myself into a drug induced coma trying to get a cup of coffee the morning after my surgery.  Luckily I was able to locate the nurse's lounge by following the smell of fresh brewed..... but they caught me when I went back to brew another pot!

Get some rest,
Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare