Topic: Would anybody like to do me a favor as.. a Christmas present, perhaps?

So here I am again, looking like a fool who can't tab songs on her own! But I would really love to learn this song, and as I've said before, I'm just not good enough to figure it out by watching.. I'd love the chords/tabs to help me out a bit. If anybody thinks they can do it, and has the free time and would like to.. I would appreciate it greatly big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xwj8QN0 … embedded#!

It's Brandi Carlile, Love Songs.
This is a pretty good video of her playing it on guitar (it's normally piano, but I love it this way)
smile

Please and thank you.

Re: Would anybody like to do me a favor as.. a Christmas present, perhaps?

Hi Allisloth

The chords are already here http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 71080.html although I think the lyrics aren't quite right

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

Hi Allisloth you may want to try www.ultimateguitar.com they hae it there

Yeah, I found those chords before. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong, but in the video, it doesn't look like it's a g chord she's opening with, as it says in the written chords. And me being me, I can't really tell what chord she's using.

Took a look at the vid.... try starting with a D/F# to Am7 and then the G

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hey Allisloth,

I had never heard Brandi Carlile's music before--thanks for providing a link to her performance. I really enjoyed what I heard; I'm getting into some of her other songs, too.

Hey Artless,

I'm glad you enjoy her! big_smile She has the most beautiful voice, it's crazy. I'd recommend a few songs of hers to listen to, but I can't pick a favorite! Her cover of Creep by Radiohead and Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash are great. And her songs Again Today, Dying Day, The Story, Looking Out.. Ah, ok, I'd keep listing her songs until I covered them all.. So just check her out, in general. smile

And thank you Doug_Smith! I'll try that out