Topic: Duke

Well my beloved Duke Bluedevils Coach K has tied Dean Smith tonight in wins he will surpass him on the 29th of this month against UNC Greensboro with 879 wins, next on the list Bobby Knight for most wins ever.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Duke

I love Coach K.  I love the fact that the Duke program is consistently a national contender, a great school, and graduates almost everyone.    He's set the benchmark for what a "student athletic program" should look like.

A great coach even if he never won a game.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

3 (edited by Stonebridge 2010-12-21 09:13:22)

It must be sure proof that the USA and UK are different planets, because I have absolutely no idea what the above two posters are talking about. smile

Anyone for cricket?
Who'll win the Ashes...

Coack K is a college basketball coach, he won the Nationship last year, that makes his 4th. He also won "this year the World Championships" played over in Turkey and and has won Olympic gold, he will coach the Olympics  team next time as well, his team is the favorite to win the National championship again this year even with a star player hurt who may or may not come back to play this year

Jerome you guys have a pretty good team up your way in Washington who I exoect will make a lot of noise come tournment time.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Cam,

Congrats to Coach K and your Dookies. Can't say I am a fan, but I certainly admire what he / they have accomplished over the past 30 years or so. I remember when Duke wasn't all that much competition - been a long time ago.

That said, anybody who can take records away from Dean-o and gets under the skin of the tar holes gets a thumbs up from me!

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

cameronkl7 wrote:

Coack K is a college basketball coach, he won the Nationship last year, that makes his 4th. He also won "this year the World Championships" played over in Turkey and and has won Olympic gold, he will coach the Olympics  team next time as well, his team is the favorite to win the National championship again this year even with a star player hurt who may or may not come back to play this year

Jerome you guys have a pretty good team up your way in Washington who I exoect will make a lot of noise come tournment time.

Cam

The Husky program is usually fair to midlin.   We're generally happy with a tournament invite, and if we can win a few games, then that's considered success.   This year has been fun. They've lost a couple recently they could have won, but I guess that's why they play the games.

The local darlings are Gonzaga, though.  Thats another school kind of Duke like in that it is a very good school with a very good program.    They lack Duke's championship pedigree, but they're working on it.  smile

I have a Ton of Respect for Coach K.
I hope you can understand that with me being a Marlyland Terp fan.
DAT DUDE HAS KILT US FOR YEARS !!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRR.

I'm ok now...**Sigh**
Gonna be another tought year for us Terp Dudes....But I'm never jumpin ship !!!!
Heck I'm a life long Oriole fan too....I can take LOOSIN !!!!   hahaha.

jerome.oneil wrote:
cameronkl7 wrote:

Cam

The Husky program is usually fair to midlin.   We're generally happy with a tournament invite, and if we can win a few games, then that's considered success.   This year has been fun. They've lost a couple recently they could have won, but I guess that's why they play the games.

The local darlings are Gonzaga, though.  Thats another school kind of Duke like in that it is a very good school with a very good program.    They lack Duke's championship pedigree, but they're working on it.  smile

Comparing Conzaga to Duke is like comparing Ickey Woods to Walter Payton..........

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
cameronkl7 wrote:

Cam

Comparing Conzaga to Duke is like comparing Ickey Woods to Walter Payton..........

Well, lets see, they're both private schools with very high academic and admissions standards.  They both have excellent law programs.  They both graduate most of their basketball players (Duke at 92% is a national leader) Gonzaga graduates 78%.

So, just like I said.  Duke-like in that it is a very good school with a very good program, but lacks Duke's championship pedigree.