1 (edited by cameronkl7 2011-01-06 20:12:50)

Topic: Oregon VS Auburn

Who do you like in Monday night's matchup tp decide the Championship and why.

I'm going with Oregon, I think their speed will be the deciding factor, I believe it will wear down Auburn's defense, and I believe Cam Newton and Auburn go down.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Re: Oregon VS Auburn

I really hate to disagree with a fine gentleman and fellow Chordian, BUT...
I firmly believe that Auburn will go through the Ducks like excrement through a goose.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

3 (edited by cameronkl7 2011-01-06 23:05:40)

See now Tuba, I was expecting that from you, being an SEC guy, and yes I know how tough the SEC is, they are certainly the best conference, and I still think if you put  Alabama back in, they would win that game"the championship game" even after losing to Auburn earlier in the season. But I just feel it's Oregon night coming up. I just feel they will have trouble with all of Oregon's speed, and I think they rely on Newton to much, just my thoughts though. Your guess is as good as mine, either way I hope it'll come down to the last play and be a great game.

Cam

I must back up the first post for a few reasons:

-Auburn's defense has been suspect all year long. The only reason why they have won is Newton and they have not faced the quality of offense, nor the speed, that Oregon has. Oregon's defense is better prepared for the speed of Auburn while Auburn is not prepared for the speed of Oregon.

-The SEC does not play the West Coast well. When they do they usually lose. If they do play a team from west of Arkansas they won't leave home to do it. The PAC 10 will travel anywhere any time. Say what you want about the SEC but until they start playing quality out-of-conference teams away from home (instead of playing the Southwestern [ Insert appropriate SEC state here] Boy's Reformatory and Choir) or some hapless DII team, at home....every time) they are merely pretenders. I'll take Boise State, TCU or any of the top-tier Pac 10 teams on a neutral field any time if they play the SEC.

I know, I know, Gary Danielson and many others have proclaimed the SEC the best conference in the whole wide world! Remember this: Four years ago the economy was too strong to fail. It did and once the smoke clears and the SEC starts playing quality games outside conference regularly its strength will be exposed as a sham.

I know, I know, five of the last six national champions were SEC. Hey! If you played cupcakes all year you too would be fresh for the Big Game.

I could be wrong...But I don't think so.

Go ducks! I'm with you Cam. Sorry Toots but the goose(duck) will be too fast. After all tigers can't

fly.lol Anyway I might be a little bias as I'm here just north of Eugene, Or. All-in-all.... it will be

a good game.

Our intuitions serve us well

Flying to Phoenix Friday Night....  should be a good game and hard fought no matter how it goes down.  Looks like nice weather for the game on Monday, and I plan on visiting with my brother in Mesa while down there.  Bluegrass festival in Quartzsite in a couple of weeks and RV/Mineral/Gem shows nonstop through February..... Might just stick around for a few and enjoy a little warmer weather.

Y'all Take Care, Go Ducks!
Doug

PS: I'm still for the Oregon team, because they play a fast offensive turnaround that few defensive lines can handle for long.  Not much time to recover when the interval from snap to snap hangs around 20 seconds. 
As long as both teams "show up" it will sure be worth watching!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug,

You have tickets to the game? you dog you. If so have a great time, you dog, or should I be saying Duck?

Cam

Cam,  I'm an OSU Beaver Alum.... which means I should despise the Ducks of Eugene, but it's only a long standing rivalry and mostly in good fun.  I had considered wearing a Beaver shirt on the flight down, but I think the Airlines' Insurance only covers you if the plane falls out of the sky..... not if you are bludgeoned to death in the aisles.

Hoping I don't have to "check" my guitar and there will be room in the stroller closet for it..... I think it will survive better somewhere in the cabin rather than tossed around with the rest of the luggage down in the cargo hold.

Been long overdue for a vacation, and I'm looking forward to hooking up with a group of players and making a little music on the road.  No particular schedule, just seeing another part of the world.  I'll check back in when the trip is over sometime in March or ?

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Well have fun Doug, everyone needs a vacation once in awhile, sounds as if your gonna have a great time. Anf yes, I think wearing that shirt might be pushing it. But again you have a great time and we look forward to hearing from you with the details when you get back...in March or whenever.

Cam

I'm gonna love this thread. smile

1st.  This is going to be an epic, EPIC contest.  These are two of the best football teams I can remember seeing in a long time.  I'm picking the Ducks, because I've been with 'em all year, and I'm a homer.   Either team could win, and no one should be surprised when one of 'em does.

Jerome's Couch Trip Analysis of Da Big Game:

The keys to this one rides on Auburns running game.   They way you stop Oregon's offense is to keep them on the sideline.   Auburn will lose a shootout, so for them, it's about ball control.   Auburn's leading rusher is their quarterback, though.  They don't really have a big dominant RB that can smash the ball inside.  Granted, Cam Newton is generally the best athlete on the field when he's playing, but I don't know if he can carry an Auburn team past a really fast, aggressive Oregon defense that has pretty much stated that they're going to chase him all over the backfield.

Anyway, my pick is Ducks by a touchdown in a relatively high scoring game.  If the Tigers can win the clock battle, they'll probably win the game.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Harbaugh to the 49er's I love it

Great analaysis Jerome, I have to agree with most all you said there. I believe Oregon's defense will key in on Newton, stop him, you stop Auburn, but yes no one should be suprised at who win's or loses.

In a game of this magnitude, 2 great teams, it's important to see if you can strike first, get the other team thinking, instead of playing, let the nerves take over on the other team.

Auburn can win by keeping OU's offense off the field, I just saw on ESPN that Oregon's offense scored 44 touchdowns after taking possession of the ball in a 1:48 or less this year.

But I'm still sticking with Oregon to win

Cam

12 (edited by cameronkl7 2011-01-11 05:08:33)

Well Auburn wins it in a thriller, I was wrong, Oregon never seem to really run their hurry up offense tonight very much, hats off to Auburn, and to Toots for picking them, well done Toots, even though it came down to the last play.

Cam

Probably the best Championship game yet. Auburn's D was on point tonight but Oregon shot themselves in the foot numerous times. I lay it all on Oregon's QB. He made too many bad reads, especially at the goal line, and made too many bad passes. Passes that should have been easy to make. He looked like he was scared all night. Oregon's D did a good job and kept them in the game.

That being said I do not want to take anything away from Auburn. They held Oregon's offense down and overall played a good game.

I still think the SEC is overrated though.

Thanks for the kind words, Cam.
I looked for a blowout by Auburn. Never have seen Oregon play before. They are scary good. The game could have easily gone their way.
I root for Alabama and after last season, it hurt to lose to Auburn this year by one point. My condolences to Ducks fans.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

That kinda ended like that jets and N.O. game the other night.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Other than the winner, that game met all my expectations.    Wow!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]