Topic: Church Accross The Street

This is the song Russ wrote a year or two ago. I told Russ how much I love the song so we re-wrote some of it and recorded with my lead vocal. You can find the song on the Harding/Williams My-Space site also on Sound Click.

Church Across The Way.Undefined

[A] Another Sunday morning, with [D] nothing [G] else to [D] do.

But sit here in this [A] barroom having me a [E] few.

[A] And through a smokey window, there's a [D] church [G] across the [D] way.

And alonely bell is [A] ringing, calling [E] folks to pray.

[D] I see [G] little [D] children, in mom and daddies arms.

[A] Holding on so tightly, for shelter from the [E] storms.

[A] They saw me [D] through the [A] window, [D] and I [G] tried my best to [D] hide.

Hung my head in [A] sorrow, at the [E] emptiness [A] inside.

(CHORUS)

[D] Bartender [A] pour my [E] whiskey. [A] Another round of [E] beers.

[D] Dont you [A] start your [E] preaching. Cos [A] I know why I'm [E] here.

(SAME CHORDS FOR EACH VERSE)

They were singing “Rock of Ages� , in that church across the street.

And my mind drifts back slowly, and I thought of you and me.

Then through this smokey window, I was outside looking in.

And wondering how a man, could waste his life in sin?

(REP CHORUS)

And it hurts me to remember, and I drink to ease the pain.

My whole world went crazy, when she walked out that day.

Now my church is this here barroom, and I attend it every day.

I may not get to heaven, cos hell stands in my way.

(REP CHORUS >SOLO OVER VERSE & CHORUS)

If there's a God in heaven, and I believe there is.

Help her find her way Lord, back to me again.

Please take these prayers and wishes, and lead me there some day.

To that church where they're all singing. That church across the way.

(CHORUS X 2)

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

2 (edited by daddycool 2011-01-12 16:44:02)

Re: Church Accross The Street

hi russ/phill i could'nt find the song in the link,i've read through and it seems like a country ballad,anyway i like the lyrics/song and hope to hear it soon,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Robert its the last song on the player just scroll the thingy on the right on Harding/Williams link and yes it is very country Phill's voice is suited well for this I just sang background harmony,Phill added the keyboards and drum effects I did the bass,acoustic and slide dobro smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

As we'd say here in southern  Ohio "Dang, that's a great song"!!!

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

well DE dang and goshamighty thankee smile

hi russ/phill just listened,it was brilliant,you two have a good thing going keep it up,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

thanks for the nice words Robert its a real pleasure to work with Phill mp3's flying across the ocean beamed up to a satellite it still amazes me smile 

daddycool wrote:

hi russ/phill just listened,it was brilliant,you two have a good thing going keep it up,well done....stay cool

Cant seem to access myspace but coming from you guys, its gotta be good.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

9 (edited by Russell_Harding 2011-01-15 00:22:17)

Thanks Selso,did you click on the link under the song? (hardingwilliams) its the last song on the player smile 

selso wrote:

Russell_Harding wrote:

Thanks Selso,did you click on the link under the song? (hardingwilliams) its the last song on the player smile 

selso wrote:

I did and it takes me to myspace but it tells me to update my browser and when I try to download the new one it wont let me.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Selso thats strange,was there a player on the page? it asks me to update my browser to and I ignore it theres nothing wrong with the one I have I think Phill is uploading it to our new web site on soundclick its also Harding/Williams.I do have some new video software that lets me do picture in picture (collage video) so Phill and I can be in the same video singing,it will take me a few days to get comfy with it should be fun smile

Hi Gentlemen
Nicely done this piece stands up well with any of the good country and western genre songs I've heard.
Well done.
Russ that video within video sounds like it gonna be cool would like to see the results sometime.
ark

Thanks Ark Phill and I always have a good time with our projects we usually chat for several days before hand on Google regarding the arrangements,ideas etc.The video in video is coming along fortunately they do include video tutorials with screen shots and I am getting the hang of it slowly.I did speak with Phill and we are coordinating the background,attire and song selection it looks like we may open a you tube account for the videos as the software has a direct upload I will keep everyone posted on the progress its a lot of time involved but a labor of love smile

arkady wrote:

Hi Gentlemen
Nicely done this piece stands up well with any of the good country and western genre songs I've heard.
Well done.
Russ that video within video sounds like it gonna be cool would like to see the results sometime.
ark

Well done gentlemen....nice country flavor. I can expect that from Wisconsin but Wales?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hey guys, For being a few thousand miles apart your pretty tight. smile
Nice work on the slide Russ, it fits perfecto.
Phill, you can sing C/W too...I'm not surprized.

Kudos lads smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

thanks Kenny someday I would like to visit my musical partner we do have fun with working together smile

Another winner russell and phill!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman