Topic: Effect peddles for the acoustic guitar

Would like to add some effect peddles to my acoustic guitar.  Nothing to heavy as I want to keep the sweet sound of the acoustic but something to enhance the sound and make it a little different.  Any suggestions?

Re: Effect peddles for the acoustic guitar

echo, phase flanger and a looper

and a chorus pedal, maybe a reverb...

Now available in 5G !

I looked into getting a Zoom A2 1U pedal. Loads of effects and a drum machine built in.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Thanks guys you have given me a starting point.  A trip the the local guitar shop is in order

The Zoom A2.1 U pedal should be all any acoustic player should need for effects. They are awesome.

I think a compressor to even out highs and lows when fingerpicking. Reverb to fatten up the sound, and if your guitar doesn't have one onboard, an equalizer. Don't be that doofus at the local bar playing "brown eyed girl" with 20 effects maxed out. When using effects with acoustic, the listener should almost not be able to tell you're using any. Unless you're that guy from CAKE who uses distortion with a classical guitar, and does it proudly.

dfoskey wrote:

The Zoom A2.1 U pedal should be all any acoustic player should need for effects. They are awesome.

I got mine a couple of days ago and am loving it.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

craig23 wrote:

I think a compressor to even out highs and lows when fingerpicking. Reverb to fatten up the sound, and if your guitar doesn't have one onboard, an equalizer. Don't be that doofus at the local bar playing "brown eyed girl" with 20 effects maxed out. When using effects with acoustic, the listener should almost not be able to tell you're using any. Unless you're that guy from CAKE who uses distortion with a classical guitar, and does it proudly.

I strongly agree with this...if you want lots of effects and sounds then simply play an electric guitar with all the Gee Whiz stuff. For and acoustic/electric you can "fatten up" and "enrich" the sound with Reverb, Chorus, and Delay...but fight the temptation to overuse the effects. The compressor (as mentioned) can even out the highs and lows.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.