Re: Football

PS jerome ; it Rodgers, not Rogers BTW. Mr. Rogers had a quaint little TV program back in the day that all the kiddies used to love. Aaron Rodgers is the quarterbacker for the Green Bay Packers. Get your facts straight if you're gonna  be pretending to be an ESPM/ NFA expert.........

Oh this is just too easy sometimes......

;J

Give everything but up.

I can say wimply, womply, wambly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTb130GR0E

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I can say wimply, womply, wambly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTb130GR0E

Oh NELLY !!!! I'm rollin' around in my oversized bean bag spraying bacardi and ginger ale all over the man cave !!!!!!!!!!!!

Give everything but up.

Well Congrats to Russell and his Green Bay Packers, I was pulling for them but I honestly thought the Steelers would win it. I thought if the Steelers had the bought with 2 or 3 minutes to go they would mount a drive to win it, but the 3 turnovers killed them, so again Congrats to Russell and the other Greenbay fans here on Chordie.I'm just glad it was a close game and the commericials were pretty good this year.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Packers Super bowl champions!!!!!!!!! led all the way over the "experienced" Steelers.that makes 13 championships more then any team in the NFL! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I am humbled this morning after my Steelers shot themselves in the foot (and possibly some other places also)Congrats to the Packers and all the Cheeseheads. It's been a long time between championships (the big one anyway) and the Pack is deserving. The Steeler nation will just have to wait till next year for number seven

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

I too, am humbled by the Steelers lacklustre performance against the Pack, who played very well. Congrats to all the cheeseheads...

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

I was glad too see the packers win it,they deserve it,they did it with alot of injured key players,I also won a few dollars.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That ended how a Superbowl should end.  Great game.  I like both teams, so would have been happy either way.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

SouthPaw41L wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

Way to go out on a limb.... 31-36  366yds 3TDs.... Those kinda numbers pretty much win EVERY football game.

On a similar note; water is wet, the sky is blue, and Virginia Tech is still one of the top college football programs in the nation........ ;J

Steelers 24 Packers 21 in O.T. ( first ever in Super Bowl History)

VT is one of the best division II teams in the nation, for sure, but they have no business playing with grownups. 

Stanford 40 - VT 12 surprised no one, except VT fans that don't watch football.

But I'm glad you're here to still prop up the almost obvious for me.  If Rogers plays like he did against Atlanta, Green Bay wins, but not only because of the numbers.  He's got that calm thing that makes everyone else around him better, too.   

As an example of EVERY game, you may want to check out Peyton Manning's numbers against the 'Ain'ts last year, or Kurt Warner's against the Steelers a few years back.  Warner put up 3 TDs and 377 yards, and lost.  Manning put up something over 300, too, and came in second place.  Even poor old Jake Delhome managed a 3TD 300+ yard Superbowl against New England and came out on the wrong end.

Its why they play the games.  You should watch a couple of them.  It's exciting!

Nah, I'll stick with playing gigs and watching hotties in bikinis( now that's REALLY exciting) while irritating type A personality folks who are NEVER wrong about anything, just for snits and giggles...haha

Steelers 24 Packers 21 in OT

Snerk.  Passing: A. Rodgers (GB) - 304 YDS, 3 TD

VT + BCS Bowl game = $17.5 milli for the University

That is the standard reasoning behind sending a division II team to get thumped by a real football team.    It's good for the college, kids, go take your whipping.  In fact, I'm sure that's just what the James Madison staff told their players just before they beat VT.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

^^^^^^^ ( See above BANDWAGON post)

Sour Grapes......

'nuff said from a pmuhc who fails to stand by ONE TEAM but instead stands by and waits for a certain team to lose/and or win and then says " Na-na-na-nah"  told you so.... hahahaha

100 % PMUHC...........

;J Truth hurts sometimes don't it ?

Do you like Bandwagons ?   

How 'bout them Bandwagons........

pssssssssssssssssssssssss......... OH yeah !

Give everything but up.

Looks like I can no longer read English. I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about. Football? Naaaahhh, surely not.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Looks like I can no longer read English. I have no idea what any of you guys are talking about. Football? Naaaahhh, surely not.

My experience with Scotsmen is that they don't speak English either.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)   

True story.  I was camping with a Scotsman and a southwestern Virginia hillbilly.  The hillbilly had a southern accent mixed with a mountain accent.  The Scotsman spoke like a Scot (which he will tell you is how all people ought to talk and everyone else has an accent but him).  So anyway, they're sitting beside one another at the campfire absolutely enthralled by each other whenever the other opened his mouth.  Finally, someone said "I've never seen either of you so polite and pay such close attention to another.  What's going on?"  Each of them said at the same time, "Because I can't understand a word he says.  Is it English?" 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

zurf thats an interesting story,I was watching a movie done in ireland about a month ago I understood all of it,except a few times when they spoke very fast and with emotion,I could barely understand what they were saying.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:
alvee33 wrote:

My experience with Scotsmen is that they don't speak English either.  (Sorry, couldn't resist)   

True story.  I was camping with a Scotsman and a southwestern Virginia hillbilly.  The hillbilly had a southern accent mixed with a mountain accent.  The Scotsman spoke like a Scot (which he will tell you is how all people ought to talk and everyone else has an accent but him).  So anyway, they're sitting beside one another at the campfire absolutely enthralled by each other whenever the other opened his mouth.  Finally, someone said "I've never seen either of you so polite and pay such close attention to another.  What's going on?"  Each of them said at the same time, "Because I can't understand a word he says.  Is it English?" 

- Zurf

Hahaha. This happens even with Scots and Englishmen! lol Aye, the rest of the world talks funny.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Had a buddy from Brooklyn, New York who married a girl from Valdosta, Georgia. They spent the majority of their lives laughing at each other's accents.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?