Re: OK old guys and physiologists

Hope the recovery continues! These setbacks are so annoying - I have to do regular exercises for a back problem, but sometimes I overdo it and damage my back doing the exercises! Then it's all uphill again...
Just btw, I hear that adding a little fruit juice to water makes a very effective electrolyte drink, better than just water alone.

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I prefer to add ice to bourbon. 

Recovery continues.  No massage for me the other night.  I was hunkered down in the family room while my wife got a massage and was sound asleep with the TV watching me when it was my turn. 

The walk did wonders.  Today I did resistance exercises, but toned down a notch and that helped too.  I've been drinking water like it's going out of style, and that's at least encouraged me to get up out of my chair with monotonous regularity.  I was supposed to go paddling on Saturday but we're getting 4" of rain between today and tomorrow, so the rivers look like torrents of chocolate milk rather than pleasant paddling excursion fodder. 

Just keep on keeping on and I'll be right as rain in time.  In time for what?  I don't know.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

tubatooter1940 wrote:

I'm in shape.
Round is a shape. sad
toots

I hear ya.  Some guys have a six-pack.  I like to think I have a keg.

Hope you feel better soon, Zurf.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

29 (edited by flester 2011-03-14 15:45:46)

dino48 wrote:

Hi zurf,I have heard that sometimes antibiotics can cause muscle pain for awile after you have taken them,you may want to look at the labels of any medicines you have been taking. If you did not exercise for ten days that will be abig factor also.

Hopefully you did not take antibiotics for a viral infection because (Repeat after me):
ANTIBIOTICS KILL BACTERIA. THEY HAVE NO EFFECT ON VIRUSES

Of course the industry (composed of doctors, pharmacists and drug makers) SELLS antibiotics.

30 (edited by ozymandias 2011-03-14 19:43:58)

flester wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Hi zurf,I have heard that sometimes antibiotics can cause muscle pain for awile after you have taken them,you may want to look at the labels of any medicines you have been taking. If you did not exercise for ten days that will be abig factor also.

Hopefully you did not take antibiotics for a viral infection because (Repeat after me):

Of course the industry (composed of doctors, pharmacists and drug makers) SELLS antibiotics.

Slight correction needed here.  Only a few pharmacists are involved with drug makers.   My wife is a pharmacist and she's not involved to that depth.  Plus any pharmacist worth their salt will warn about the dangers of of over prescribing antibiotics.   Considering all the problems coming out with resistant bacteria.  Big problem in the medical field.

This has been a public awareness message from your friendly local neighborhood nurse and fellow guitarist...........we now return to your normal musical enjoyment!  wink

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Mr. Zurf, I have the answer to your problem, it's a no-brainer really...Quit exercising...only exercise hand and fingers.

32 (edited by ozymandias 2011-03-14 20:45:16)

Smoke wrote:

Mr. Zurf, I have the answer to your problem, it's a no-brainer really...Quit exercising...only exercise hand and fingers.

Followed or mixed with the best anti-viral medication known to man.....Whiskey.  I prescribe anything over 80 proof.   wink

Single Malt recommended, as it is least likely to contribute to alcohol virus resistant syndrome.   Plus it tastes a heckuva lot better then NyQuil.  YUCK

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:

Whiskey.  I prescribe anything over 80 proof.   wink

What do you think I'm working off, eh? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude