Topic: Easy Worship Songs?

I need help. I want to lead my youthgroup, but first I need songs quick and easy to pick up.
The guitar chords; G, Em, C, D, Dsus, etc are best for the youthgroups band seeing as none of us are extremely talented at our specific instrument. HELP PLEASE

Re: Easy Worship Songs?

As an ex-christian who often played guitar in a small worship band, I can tell you that they're pretty much ALL easy.

"Just a Closer Walk With Thee" - easy and also adaptable for style/tempo.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Here's an easy chord sequence I use for Amazing Grace. chords  E A B7.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Something fun (I think) for a youth group but some of the old fogies might frown at. Play the music to "House of The Rising Sun" but sing the words to "Amazing Grace". It fits and I don't see anything disrespectful about it.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I'm with Deadstring. House of the Rising Sun and Amazing Grace, once learned is something everyone knows. We do a version where we start out with House of the Rising Sun, play it thru to a "turn around" and continue with Amazing Grace. Nice and slow - learn the intro first. We play the chords Am...C...D...F...Am...E then repeat.

Nela

Amazing Grace can also be performed to the tune from the theme song to Gilligan's Island.  I do not recommend it, because for years after you figure this one out you will not be able to sing Amazing Grace to any tune BUT the theme song to Gilligan's Island. 

Most worship songs are repetitive, almost chantlike in their structure.  Even if the chords are difficult to learn once, they will be used over and over and over again in other songs.  For more simply structured songs, I recommend looking to the old standards and country gospel. 

Will the Circle Be Unbroken
Peace Like a River
Shall We Gather By the River
Etc., and so forth.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Try the praise and worship public songbooks...
http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … 26+Worship

9 (edited by jerome.oneil 2011-05-06 22:28:26)

I downloaded a song sheet editor a while back, and it came with about 100 different example songs, all of them worship songs.

http://tenbyten.com/software/songsgen/index.php

The software is pretty good.  You will enjoy the collection of example songs, too.

Edited:

Just wanted to add that the good folks that provide this software have put their entire collection of songs online, too.

http://tenbyten.com/software/songsgen/Songs/a-g.html

Enjoy!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

In Christ Alone. Very pretty song.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

11 (edited by dino48 2011-05-10 01:20:14)

You might try looking in Elvis Presley's songs. He has alot of gospal music.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I also like to do Wayfaring Stranger. I do it using Am  Dm F C and E. I just pick the Bass note and strum the rest on each chord. There are many cool ways to play this song.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

The Chorus to Rich Mullens song  "Awesome God" is easy to play and most people know the words! It's also one of those songs that can be "Rocked" up with some power chords and lead riffs too!
"Sinner Man" is another easy one and can be played different styles...  Like "Wayfaring Stranger" it has that cool sounding minor chord!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.