Topic: The big move

Hi all, I haven't been on much recently. My wife, who has lukemia, and I have moved from NE PA to her father's place in Barhamsville, VA, which is west of Williamsburg. He dad is 86 and her daughter and son-in-law are here and her son and his family  live about 100 yards away and her sister lives 10 minutes away. So this is a good situation for her. I don't kow if I'll handle the heat very well or find a new church to pastor,or not it's all up to God right now.
PEACE

Re: The big move

Welcome to the Old Dominion.  You will be able to stand the heat.  If not, head to the mountains for a bit.  I am heading to just east of Williamsburg for a few days vacation in June. 

Virginia's got a fair number of sinners despite the influence of the Moral Majority (said with tongue firmly in cheek).  I expect even if you don't find a church to lead, you'll be a tremendous pastoral influence on those around you.  Pastor isn't something you do.  It's something you are.  That said, I hope you find something so that you'll have an income. 

Best of luck.  Doing right by your wife when she's ill... that's a very good thing.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Zurf

Best Wishes to you and your Wife Butch, I'm sure things will work out just fine for you. I think it's great that she not only has such an understanding Husband in you, but it will be good for her to have her Family around her during this time. Good luck luck yo you all and may God touch you in this time of need.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Prayers going up for ya Butch!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

A generous action on your part, Butch, made for the best of reasons.
I pray you find strength to continue leading your family and finding the very best situation for them even at your own discomfort.
I respect your decisions, sir. You can't go wrong doing the right thing.
I am sure your in-laws will do their best to support you and your beloved wife in these difficult times.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I think you did right by your wife and the rest of the family,something will come your way,you have faith so time too use it.best too you and yours butch.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I wish all the best to your wife. It will be very comforting for her to have her family close by during such a harrowing time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Your'e a good man Butch. Hope all turns out well for your wife and yourself.
Long distance prayers and best wishes from down under.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

It sounds like this is just what she needed, being close to her family.  It shows a tremendous amount of love on your behalf to make such a move.  God wiilling, it ends up as a good thing for you as well.  A/C... lots and lots of fake cool air my friend.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hope all goes well Butch smile

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Very best wishes to you and your wife, Butch...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Thanks all