Topic: 1 thing about CHORDIE

I like the way CHORDIE members react after asking for help or information. I have been involved with camping forums and such where one would ask a question and several members would go to great lengths to post pictures or video in an effort to help and you would never hear from the original poster on the subject again. I think that is so rude. Not the case here and I thank each of you for the family feeling we have here. I appreciate the replies when someone puts out the effort.
A good weekend to all.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: 1 thing about CHORDIE

Well put deadstring,I for one really enjoy seeing members get toghter's,and I think it is great they post pics or videos.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hi deadstring i've enjoyed every moment of the four years i've been a member,everyone has done so much to help me progress to where i am today,its great to be part of a world wide family,yet we seem so close like we're neighbours....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I agree chordie has helped me tremendously and no one critiques my spellen!! lol

Your spelling is terrible. smile

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Okay, I had to chuckle on that "spellen" comment.

Over the years we have become familiar with many in this great group.  Our personalities and backgrounds are apparent in our writing, and so many of us write like we talk.  The spelling, grammar, humor, and all that shines through and I think it is that which makes this such a wonderful forum, from an educational as well as social standpoint.

It is the people that come here and voice their thoughts that make Chordie what it is.  Not to diminish the appreciation towards the Moderators and Administration for keeping it running for so many to benefit.

Spread the word and keep it the best guitar site on the Net!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

It is the people that come here and voice their thoughts that make Chordie what it is.

I endorced this comment one million percent.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I appreciate our moderators.They don't have much to do but I appreciate them. big_smile

Can everyone say Deadstring is BANNED? big_smile big_smile

A good day to all.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

That's it Deadstring... you're done!  LOL!!!!  lol

Seriously, we don't have too much to do BECAUSE of all the great members here!  We mostly just handle spam.  There's a rare occasion when we have to handle a member that's out of line, but it is VERY RARE.  I thank each and every one of you for that!  It is the people, and that's why I'm here, and why I come here daily.  Being a moderator of a site like this is an honor, not a job, in my opinion.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

There's a rare occasion when we have to handle a member that's out of line, but it is VERY RARE.

And it's usually an error on the member's part.  Every time I've had to contact a member about a post that I edited, I have received a sincere apology.  The matter has ALWAYS been an honest error and no one I've had to address has ever been intentionally mischievous.  Good folks here.  Real good. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The place practically runs itself.  With moderators in the background, of course.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

It runs very well compared too other sites,our moderators are fearless and nail the spammers fast.Deadstring how did you get in trouble again?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Deadstring how did you get in trouble again?

All his courtesy, humor, and good advice has finally ticked we moderators off.   :^)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm kinda on Deadstrings side. Someone has got to make sure that the Moderators don't fall "asleep at the 'puter". Think of Deadstring as being a Mod Squad detective, going around to the various posts leaving small tidbits of humerious knowledge for the Moderators to Search and Destroy. With all the money the Chordie membership is paying to the Moderators we gots to make sure they're doing their job. I say, "Keep the Moderators on their toes". With all the prestiege associated with being a Moderator, the free company cars, the free lunches,
guitars, equipment, bonuses and  world wide reconigtion we have to have the best of the best serving the membership.

Nela

I especially enjoyed my Christmas bonus last year lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

And you desrved every bit of it Russ,SHOOT maybe even double the amount!   wink

Russell if I remember right I think a few years ago some members were talking about giving the moderators jars of pickles and or some kind of alcahol bevereges.

I think we are supposed to get a Holiday bonus every 10th year of service... LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have been a performer most of my life but never as an individual solo act. With the help of Chordie and its' Moderators and members I can now make this dream a reality.  Only second to my wifes' encouragment, Chordie is the main reson for this accomplishment. I special thanks goes out to mekidsmom for helping me find so many songs.
Johnny Vitalis
( Steve Boileau )

I know its been a while since I've visited regularly and I do have to agree that this is and has always been the most cival, helpful and friendly members. Thank you to you all including the mods.  I definately need to share more here again and meet all the new chordians.

this is the best site going.It doesnt take long to get to know people on here.It is almost like an extended family.I can get questions answeres when I need them.Plus you akk gave my daughter a warm welcome when she joined.Plus you have the best tabs out there.Keep up the good work   Joe

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

GROUP HUG!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!