Topic: Straps

I got a strap with my guitar, but it was really rubbish and ripped the first time i used it.

I was wondering what kind of straps and makes are good.

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

Re: Straps

Spend the money and get a leather strap. I also put strap locks (Jim Dunlop style) on all my guitars.

Bootlegger.

Thanks

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

Agree with Bootlegger, get a decent leather strap. A good tip for a strap lock is too use the little rubber seal from a bottle of Grolsch beer, they work a treat and you get too drink a beer. Perfect. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Moddish,

Which one do you suggest to use first, the rubber seal or the "BEER" lol

Bootlegger.

bootleger wrote:

Moddish,

Which one do you suggest to use first, the rubber seal or the "BEER" lol

Bootlegger.

Oooooh, decisions decisions......I'd go with the beer. smile  Not that it helps me sound any better mind you!! lol

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

A quality strap is a small investment ... I've seen people slinging around a $2000.00 dollar guitar on a $5 dollar strap. Also if you do a lot of movement then straplocks are a must! I've got some Planet Waves and Dunlop straps...also Levy's makes some good leather straps...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Got a strapp when purchased my guitar. Havent used it yet.
probibly have problem when I do use it. Is There a difference playing with a strapp and standing?

....Badeye.

one caper after another

Levy's are great straps around $40.00 american, leather and padded. Helps when your axe is a brick and you've been playing (standing) for an hour and 1/2.

Bootlegger.

im going to sound like a idiot but i dont know how to connect my strap to my guitar.  hmm    help how do i do it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

SGman999 wrote:

im going to sound like a idiot but i dont know how to connect my strap to my guitar.  hmm    help how do i do it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

There are strap buttons on the bottom (centered) of the guitar body and also on the upper cut away (horn opposite of where your control knobs are). There are slits cut on both ends of your strap, slide them over the strap buttons. If you don't have straplocks (since they are an aftermarket part) you can put the piece of plastic that comes off a loaf of bread and they will secure your strap fron sliding off. (this goes out the windo if you yank on your guitar really hard)

Don't feel that if you don't know something that it makes you sound like idiot. (correct definition of the word idiot is actually a selfish person not dumb as most persons think) The fact that you realize you need direction as to how it's done shows that your willing to learn.

Bootlegger.

THANXS 4 THE HELP

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.