Re: Picks Around the World

ooops!  I forgot to put the pic of the picks up!  Well, it's way more than just picks now... here it WAS when it was in NY!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_44cV0eprJ94/TZmr-xQ-R4I/AAAAAAAAALY/DDQOOi_17As/s640/001.JPG

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Box showed up in lovely Las Vegas yesterday! It took it's sweet time getting here from the east coast but I can't blame it - the weather is nice and its a great time of year for a scenic drive.

Sadly, I'm headed to San Fran for work in about 90 minutes so I'll have to wait and open it once I get back!

Baldguitardude wrote:

Box showed up in lovely Las Vegas yesterday! It took it's sweet time getting here from the east coast but I can't blame it - the weather is nice and its a great time of year for a scenic drive.

Sadly, I'm headed to San Fran for work in about 90 minutes so I'll have to wait and open it once I get back!

East coast? Did someone move Louisiana?
This ia great news. I was afraid the Feds might have thought the addition I made was a bomb and was going to come get us all!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Was trying to rip off your post, should've said "the east part of the USA" but I guess I butchered that mofo all up.

There's some really cool stuff in here. I'm adding a few things including something uniquely Vegas. Question: is the box the same box that has been used on the whole trip? If so, I might re-wrap this thing using a newer, less beat up outer box and put the old box inside there...the box was pretty ratty when I got it.

Someone message me with where this thing needs to go next!!!

Baldguitardude wrote:

Question: is the box the same box that has been used on the whole trip?

Feel free to upgrade the packaging as necessary. It started in an envelope and I know I changed boxes when I received over a year later.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Bump - I'm still sitting on the picks box!

I changed from the envelope to a small box when I had it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Forgot how this works. Send it over here to sunny Scotland.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi all!  It's my understanding that BGD did get a few takers for the picks package.  Just to give a refresher for the next time it comes around, the game we're playing works like this...
Get the package, open it, oooodle over contents, post that you've received it here in this thread (and maybe a picture if you feel so inclined).  The person that wants it next should click on the current pick holder's email link under their profile and email them something along the lines of "I want the picks!" along with their snail mail address.  The first one to email him/her is the winner (and may be notified by the sender that it's coming... or not sometimes smile) Sender comes back here and says "I have a taker!" in the hopes that their email doesn't continue to get bombarded.  Send it on... repeat!

smile  Tops (Jeff) and I have been trying to keep the map updated... although I have been really laid back about it and he's done 99% of the work.  I think it may be time to update again.  If the recent recipients AFTER myself could please send me a quick email with their City/State/Country I'll update that map lickkety split!  THANKS!!!

Amy

^What Amy said!

I'd like to add that for those who may be interested in receiving the package, you can click on the "Subscribe to this topic" link (on the left below) for an email notification whenever this topic is updated.

Amy - Thanks for your help with the map - I've been slack about it lately largely because the computer with the excel spreadsheet I was keeping all the data on has not yet made the move to Florida. I'll have to rectify that soon.

smile  No prob Jeff!  And so the map is updated... well until it gets to the next lucky member!  Here's the link for anyone that wants to see the package's travel around the world:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q& … 87&z=2

Should be arriving any time now....with a couple of additional slides. smile

Package arrived.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Ha!  And now I've already got a victim, er, forum member to send the box along to next.  I haven't even opened and sorted it yet.  Aaaaaaand, it will be going back across the pond. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Sssssshhhhhh

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Ah, to Scotland, no doubt.  It's fun to look through the package.  Lots of neat things.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Yay! I added a mudslide and couple handfuls of picks, hope someone can make use of 'em.

Is this still going around?  I had it once when it first started up and would like to see what it has grown into.

Uh, yes, well, you see there's this one fellow in Virginia, USA who has ... uh... he's received it you see, and uh, this fellow... who we'll leave nameless for the moment... this fellow has been a bit ... shall we say "delinquent" in getting the music copied to his computer. So... it's just... uh... well... it's just sitting there waiting for it's next victim across the pond. 

- Zurf

If this Virginia fellow would stop planning his July jam on the Shenandoah or his August jam in Meadow Creek, then maybe the package would see some more miles. He could also make some time for it by not dealing with Chordie spammers or trying to lose weight.

Love ya Zurf!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Zurf, remember your diet - don't eat what's in the package!

Nela

Bump....

Is this thing still flying?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I have it still.  I'll try and get it out to the next victim in the following week. 

- Zurf

OK, I finally copied the music to my computer.  I have mis-placed Dirty Ed's New Toons, so I will locate it and put it into the box and send it along to the next victim. 

Sorry to all for the delay. 

- Zurf

p.s.  Guess what I found as I was typing this message.  Believe it.  Weird.

I was just thumbing through my pick jar and this thread popped into my mind - Is this thing still moving or has it come to an end?