Topic: LAG guitars - anyone ?

Hi, guys.  Well - I just commited the foulest of sins (selfishnesss) and treated myself to a new electro-acoustic.  I went in to the store intending to try out a Takemine that was on offer for £279 (pounds) but eventually bought a LAG (and like the fool I am I can't remember the model) for £250.  My criteria for buying an acoustic is if I can play a D barre chord on it !!  Anyone got any experience of the LAG brand ?  My only immediate concern is that the equaliser is very, very basic with just a volume control and a 4-position mellow to thin switch. But hey - less to go wrong ?

And in the end, your only friend is one who's thinking what you're thinking

Re: LAG guitars - anyone ?

I've tried a few LAG guitars and they all seem to be great guitars for the money. Compared to my Takamine it is pretty close. I love the looks of their headstock and the tones of the solid top model is on par with my Takamine when it was new. Congrats now howbout some pics.

cool - many thanks for the report !  I'm a bit shocked to now find out that it's French-built (that's not always a scenario we Brits enjoy) but I'll give it a warm-up tonight and see how it sounds through my old Laney amp.  I found this pic which doesn't really do it justice. 

http://www.ccmusicshop.com/productphoto … 200DCE.jpg

Looks like a nice instrument.  You can always tell your mates at the Pub that it immigrated in search of a good Ale!

Take Care & enjoy!
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi, Doug.  My main concern is that every now and again it will throw a temperamental tantrum and refuse to play.  And if I detect the faintest whiff of garlic at any time............