Topic: Suzuki guitar

Gidday,
Can anyone help me regarding an acoustic guitar i have.
have had it over 30yrs still in great condition.
It`s a suzuki dreadnought  made by Kiso Suzuki Violin Co Ltd.
I`ve seen the odd one on auction sites & they seem very cheap
my one has a great sound doesn`t seem cheap at all.
maybe the sound has improved with age?

Thanx.  E.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Suzuki guitar

Hi there easybeat and welcome to chordie.  I am actually going to move your thread though to a section of the forum where you may get more response.  I'm not sure what you're looking for, but it sounds like you're interested to know if your acoustic is of any value to anyone other than yourself.  I say, if you love it that's what matters most!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

3 (edited by easybeat 2011-07-18 03:46:39)

Just want to know any info about this guitar.
Haven`t been able to find much online.

Hi easybeat I had a Suzuki 12 string and thought it was a great guitar, nice sound,low action and well made. It was made of mahogany with spruce top, a quality guitar in my opinion.Everybody admired it. The ones you see on Trademe are not made by the Kiso Suzuki Violin Co.

Rotoiti, Thanx for info.

recently bought fender us  strat & tele. after reading about fender woods ect, that got me thinking about my old suzuki

I have a Japanese Yamaha FG 350W that cost $300 back in the 70's and is worth about that much now but it plays, sounds and looks great. It's plenty enough guitar for a strummer like me. I plan to keep it.
My buddy donated an Chinese made Applause acoustic guitar with a plastic body and a laminated top to me for a boat guitar. It's not very loud with the plastic body but it has a nice neck, low action and holds a tune fine.
The Japanese and Chinese are now building really nice guitars that are priced right for beginners to buy and us old hacks to keep.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Gidday tubatooter,
Yeah i`m a strummer too.
But having a great time with it, wish i had of perservered with guitar 30 yrs ago.
Bought a couple of fender electrics recently,am picking up little tips along the way.

Apparently the Japanese made great acoustic guitars in the 70's. But if you love it, do you care what its worth in money, or in popular opinion?