Topic: New Hobby!

The wife and I are big dog rescuers. We have 5 at the moment. Our trainer owns a company in Las Vegas called Sin City K9. In addition to being the best Las Vegas dog trainer, the owner is in to Mondio, a protection sport.

I volunteered to be a decoy - the guy that gets bit. Man is it FUN, and what an adrenaline rush. Just have to remember to keep my hands out of the way!

Here's a video....doesn't look that intense, but knowing you're about to be bit by a 60 pound malinois is a pretty intimidating experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09VAIGUGRzM

Re: New Hobby!

What an interesting "hobby". Better you than me. For me a dog bite is only slightly "better" than a snake bite.

Sounds like an expensive hobby though.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

The problem is, you can never be sure where the dog will bite. he may ignore your padded arm and bite you somewhere else.
A mean old dog in my neighborhood ran out as I walked by and bit down on the crotch of my pants and stared me right in the eye. Thank goodness he only got fabric. I walked slowly backwards until I was off his property and he let go.
Happy to still have a deep voice,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Toots,

These dogs are really trained to only go after the sleeves and collars. Fortunately. smile

gutsy!! got all your insurance paid up?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Okay, that's gutsy....  But I have to wonder how you would list that on your Resume? 

"I was a Dog Chew Toy."?

Suppose you get a mutt that hasn't got his Masters Degree in "Selective Mayhem" yet?  A torn Carotid or Femoral Artery will pump you dry in less than a minute flat!  EMTs on premises please and my blood type is.... heck just let me put a few pints in your fridge in case I need it.  Thanks.

Take Care, and good luck with that new Hobby... Guitar playing only raises a few blisters now and then Y'know...
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare