Topic: what is with this site?

nothing loads when i'm on my computer. I click on the links for songbooks, piblic books, whatever and it just sits there endlessly. every other site works fine

Re: what is with this site?

Hi donovanfraser,welcome to chordie. I do not have an answer too your question, I hope one of themoderators will catch this and find out if there is a problem.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Donovanfraser
The site admin was doing some work on the site yesterday upgradging the technical stuff that will help support people with an ipad. You may have got on when this was happening.
Things seem to running ok for me so give it another go. Other than that maybe it's a browser problem.
Hope it helps
ark

Donovanfraser wrote:

nothing loads when i'm on my computer. I click on the links for songbooks, piblic books, whatever and it just sits there endlessly. every other site works fine

I think it must be you. Everything works fine on my end.

Welcome to chordie, we appreciate your valuable contribution to the community.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

5 (edited by TonyMan 2011-07-12 16:34:26)

Interesting that I get a lot of what the originator of this thread is talking about.  I am using Windows 7, (same issue when I had Windows XP), Chrome as my browser, and Comcast as my ISP (38 Meg down/ 8 Meg up).  I get a lot of times where I click on links and have to wait 5-10 minutes before the page shows up.  This is nothing new, seen it for many months, just never reported it & saw this thread.  Just wondering if others see this.  Actually, it just happened about 11:40 CDT today.

6 (edited by arkady 2011-07-12 19:35:22)

TonyMan wrote:

Interesting that I get a lot of what the originator of this thread is talking about.  I am using Windows 7, (same issue when I had Windows XP), Chrome as my browser, and Comcast as my ISP (38 Meg down/ 8 Meg up).  I get a lot of times where I click on links and have to wait 5-10 minutes before the page shows up.  This is nothing new, seen it for many months, just never reported it & saw this thread.  Just wondering if others see this.  Actually, it just happened about 11:40 CDT today.

Hi Tony
Have you tried a different browser.
I use firefox and though like all programes and the net there are delays for various reasons. I've not experienced continual hanging for that long on chordie.
It's just a suggestion.... as you probably know there's nothing written in stone where the net is concerned..
ark

I am having problems...now with chordie and the i pad 2..i was not before...they took out the chopro nob..so now i cant finish my songbook..this really sucks and makes it harder for ipad 2 users not easier at all.. i am at a stand still cuse i cannot change the format of the song..now the words are scattered does not fit the page... i want the cho pro knob back...pleeease!!!

Before I sinc up iPad

I have loaded like 250 songs in my song book with extensive editing to correct wrong chord positions etc, along with Original tunes since the last time I synced up my iPad.

Here is my question.
When I sink my iPad up to my iMac, will my songs be backed up like everything else does when I sync it up? Just super nearvous about some glitch erasing all my work.

Donovan,

Things should work the same as usual for you in sync..... but, I'm a little nervous about having all my eggs in one basket too.  Backup things you never want to lose to some sort of durable media before trying anything that you've not done successfully before.  A careful man seldom gets injured.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I have the problem with slow downloads on a frequent basis.  I will say that the problem is more apt to show up in the late afternoons 1700 - 2400 and at night.  I have also noticed that I can log in, download several songs and after 8 or so, then the system will slow down.  I'm running a brand new computer w/Windows 7 and Firefox is my browser.  I noticed the same problem before when I had an older machine and used IE as well as Firefox.  I had supposed when I got new equipment the problem would go away, but it hasn't.

Hi 'h' and welcome to the forum,

I would guess that this is your internet provider's system being slowed down by the amount of traffic it is having to handle.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger I frequently get low loads on chordie, as well, and I'm on a very fast internet connection.

I use firefox.  WIndows 7.  I used to have problems in that internet provider provides free security software, and I also had bought Norton antivirus.  THese don't work together and seem to recognize the other as a threat.  It's like you're so well locked down nothing can get in or out.  Use one or the other.   Hope that helps.  It almost never runs slow for me, so I'm thinking your computer is holding you back.

i used firefox for a couple of years till a recent update did all kinds of funny stuff to my computer. so naturally, i dumped firefox and now use ie and google chrome, it can still be slow but at least it works....eventually. having said that, it has been a lot faster lately.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I've always found chordie a bit slower than the rest. It's still the best though. What's a few seconds between friends?

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??