Topic: "I Don't Wanna Meet the Devil"

Hello Everyone,

I have been at a new job for the past year and it has been high stress and seems when I get some days off I am whipped, I hope I can contribute to chordie again on a regular basis . I am getting things straightened out again. Here's a song I wrote the other day and I did a very rough cut with my Zoom Recorder. It's just me and my guitar and no effects.I will clean it up and add to it but .........................

I Don’t Wanna Meet The Devil

Intro (C ) (C/B) (C/A) (G) (Em) (D) (C) (G)

(G) When Judgement day rolls around, (Em) I may be (D) in trouble.(G)

Endless days and Sleepness (Em) nights got me (D)  seein double (G)

(C)  And I wonder why am I so (G) alone, see I traveled , rambled, (Em) bummed around

Wish (D)  I’d stayed @ home (G)

( C)  And my conscience bothers me (G), I don’t wanna meet the devil (Em), I wan-(D) na be free, (G)

(C) (G) Em, D , C , Em , G

(G) When Judgement day rolls around (Em) don’t look good(D) for me  (G) , There’s more to life than chasin (Em) dreams why o’ why (D) can’t  I see.(G)

(C ) And ,my conscience bothers me (G) , I don’t wanna meet the devil (Em) , somebody (D) set me free.(G)

(C ) Set me free, Set me free(G), I don’t wanna meet the Devil(Em) somebody ( D)Set me Free(G)

(C ) Set me free , Set me free(G), I don’t wanna met the Devil(Em) somebody (D) please Save me.(G)

(C ) Set Me Free Set me free(G), I don’t wanna meet the Devil,(Em) maybe Jesus (D) will Save me.(G)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNVKIbHAfQ

Later, Wayne P

Re: "I Don't Wanna Meet the Devil"

I like it! It's great to see you posting. It's a shame real life takes away time for playing. I hope you get back to it soon. I've always enjoyed your stuff.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Very pleasing to the ear, the way it's put together - thanks smile

mmmmmmmm.... interesting...

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Hey! i loved this

Nice Wayne!  I am a big fan of what you do.  Keep em coming when you can for in the music you make you can give words to the feelings of others.  Great Job!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Nice Job Wayne,
I watched it on You Tube and you did great! I liked the words and I think some of us can really relate. Keep up the good work!
Flybye

Good one!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hi wayne great sound keep doin what you're doin its spot on.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Brilliant just brilliant smile

Howdy Wayne, smile
I missed this originally but I'm sure glad it was brought back up. Thanks Domjolly

Love that voice and style,

Cheers

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Great lyrics and a really good song.

I like the descending chord progression in your intro. I think it would be great if you could use it somewhere else. Just a thought, the word "devil" is associated with hell, which is thought of as beneath us, as opposed to heaven up above. Your descending chord progression could help to portray this.

**[b]no free ads on Chordie links removed Rh[/b]

I liked this. I'll go and watch it on YouTube now.

I like it.  A lot.  It's got an old country feel to it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude