Topic: Beginer needs help!!!

What is the best way to praptice moving from one chord to another? Im finding it very difficult please help someone. mad

Re: Beginer needs help!!!

over and over and over again

what a long strange trip it's been

Pick an easy song to play first.  Then as you get used to playing the same chords at a slow, simple strum, strum faster so that it challenges you to change chords quicker.  I just started playing an acoustic twelve-string about a month ago, but as soon as I did I commited to a band so I had to practice(I had been annoyed with the pace I could change chords too:-) )  I practiced three about three hours every day and when I performed in the High School's talent show, even my teachers talked about how quickly I had learned to play. :cool

Hi RoadHog!
Pick an easy song with 2 or 3 chords.

Here is one. Drunken sailor.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/hem.p … or_crd.txt

Play it over and over again. Get your finger flex up.
After a while you can change song or transpose this one to get new chords.

It is often good to try to find easy songs that you like and know, gets easier to keep the practice up that way.

Another way is to take 3 easy (and usable) chords like G, D and A and practice to change between them in different patterns (Play G, D, A till you feel it works, then try D, G, A and so on). When they work fine you scan Chordie for songs with those chords (remeber that you can transpose) and play them.

When you feel your confidence growing I would recommend you to pick a song that you REALY like and just give it your best until it's in your spine...

/Missen

If you love what you do, there's no need to be good at it...

thanks for the link to druncken sailor i will give it ago thhanks. smile

I replied to a similar post a while ago. I find that the song House of the Rising Sun has very natural chord changes for a beginner. Plus it makes you practice the dreaded F chord.
It was the firt song I learnt over 25 years ago and it still gets everyone singing!

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

hey i just started and im getting pretty good at the guitar... all i did was just find a song that had some chords like G, F, C, D, A, Em, E... stuff like that and play the song and work on getting it faster... and before i knew it... i was able to go from one chord to another as fast as my dad (who also plays guitar and is good at it)  so yeah, just find a song that repeats and hey keep at it!

Mysong

Here,s agood one (a bit better than drunken sailor)

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.p … eenday.txt

Just playing those first 4 chords sounds really good.
What I have done recently is have the song playing on youtube at the same time.. This helps me alot with chord changes.

I,m 42 and have just picked a guitar for the first time ever..

I,m really suprised the amount of songs i,ve found that you can strum along to with 3 or 4 simple open chords...

patrickjacques wrote:

over and over and over again

Winner!

Seriously, though.  Repetition is the only way.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Agree with everything said but one thing I would say is do not worry too much about how it sounds so long as you are striving to get yer fingers in the correct position the buzzing etc will become less and less noticeable.
Over and over Over and over Over and over Over and over Over and over again.

If its too loud yer too old.

Don't give up,keep at it and like everything else it comes in time.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I beleive  that as far as practice goes one will get better results with 5 min every day then 2 hours once a week. the key is every day

what a long strange trip it's been

I agree, over and over and over again. I've been playing for five years, and that is how it worked for me.

Songs with a lot of D7 and G, or songs with the progression of E A D really help too.
Especial  if you play the A a little different, kind of like having your fingers the way you do in the position you play D7, only all crammed in that one fret. I find that helps the changing ALOT.

To reach out with your hands/ See the world through your eyes/ To live with the love of the savior/ To feel with your heart/ And think with your mind/I'd give my last breath for your glory!!!

I would recommend practicing the change from G to E minor, and the change from C to A minor.