Topic: Gibson Guitars

Looks like gibsons ceo is taking the government to court over the wood fiasco,meanwhile he is having too outsource work on the guitars the news said the prices may rise on them. I think if you want a gibson maybe you should get it quick. "heads on a swivel"

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Gibson Guitars

Good for him! Fight the good fight!!!!

I think he will,they were busted in 2009,and this time the ceo is really mad he wants his factory and people working,they still are at present time,but the government can hold things up for a long time so it may be a partial job killer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

gibsons are my fav all time, guitars , allthough I dont own one, I will one day when I can afford it so anything that keeps them going will be supported by me

I'm waiting for the next shoe to fall.... the one where they sieze the registration records and wander off to con-fist-i-cate owner's guitars to see if they are made of anything covered under the Lacey Law. 

Kinda like the NRA, "pry it out of my cold dead hands".  As it is, I wouldn't try crossing international boundaries without some paperwork to support that my instrument was built before that law went into effect for fear that I'd never see it again.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I saw the ceo on tv last night,he is determend to defend his co.,there was some mention of moving it to another country. Is this the way too help get jobs in america? If the government wants bad guys they should start on capitol hill with the house,senate etc.

Dino, I also saw the Gibson CEO on sat TV a couple of nights ago. I thought he was very honest and open about the Gibson predicament. My first thoughts were that with all the turmoil happening in the world today, these people trying to shut down not only a very fine guitar factory but also an American icon, should invest their time shutting down real criminal organisations and leave alone the fine people that have no criminal intent.
I could rave on all night about these enviro-nazis but I doubt it would serve any purpose as they seem to have their own agenda.
They are obviously not on the same team as most of us are, in USA and here in Aus.
Guard your Gibsons folks.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

no telling,they sent in a team of 26 Armed officer's to raid the factory. guess they thought someone might shoot them with a Gibson 335 guitar!!

On the Gibson site there is a petition should you care to sign it.   I did.

Now available in 5G !

Thanks for letting me know,I will go check that out.

I googled up Gibson online petition. I had to type my name and e-mail address. Then they asked for money. I figure the emails I'm gonna have to plough through after publishing my info is price enough.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I should do that soon,I see that Charlie Daniels is really upset that the government has stuck thier nose into Gibson's business.

13 (edited by kohinur69 2011-11-19 10:06:16)

Great post ! I like the post. I want to know more about this. Do you inform me about this?

alcohol breath tester

14 (edited by dino48 2011-11-06 17:10:18)

welcome to chordie kohinur69,you can subscribe to this post and you will get a note in your e-mail. You can also go too Gibson's website and they keepyou up too date,while you are there you can also sign a petition for gibson.