Re: What are you playing right now??

you're still the one
Shania Twain

I used to drive my hubby's jacked up Jeep (80something, the "pre-wrangler" CJ I think?) around when he'd take the Van out of town for work, I had to climb into that dang thing and wear something to keep my hair from going in my face because there were only soft doors w/o windows and a soft top, it was a beast, monster truck style  Big Yellow Jeep ... Pix, I think you need to write a Jeep song while your hand is healing. wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Last week jamming I got the oppurtinity to do Bed of Coals by Warren Zevon.One of my favorite singers.While I was at it.I snuck in every Warren Zevon song I printed up on this site.The bassist and drummer didnt mind.Hopefully I can work some of it in our list. Also,nothing is worse than trying to play hurt.It seems to happen a lot to me as I get older.Guess it comes with age.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

53 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-09-18 16:13:01)

Today is Bossa Nova day smile   It's been awhile since I played this style so today I'm working through these vids again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8J2AcwngA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrcpulS … ure=relmfu

Then on to Fran Guidry's version of Salomila... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4VE66NiCGE   I learned this about a year ago but haven't played it since then so it's giving me a fit today sad I'll get it though wink   Tabs can be found on Acoustic Guitar Magazines website in the February 08 issue....   Password to access the full issue is "Leapyear"

Making myself really practice today....  "If there is no struggle, there is no progress" is the motto for the day big_smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

All In Alabama and Blues Man

Hope your arm is healing OK, Pix! You are always so incredibly busy - don't know how you find the time! I'm just working on "Go your own way" (Fleetwood Mac), America (Paul Simon) and "Heart Of Gold" (You Know Who) - with harmonica part. The choir that I sing with is also working on these three songs - it's quite useful to be able to play these as we only meet up with our teacher every two weeks now...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

We should have done Heart of Gold while you were here.  That's one I am working on too, except of course with me it's not a straight cover.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Yes indeed - it would have been an excellent campfire song. And you even had harmonicas with you! Maybe next time... ; )

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

Yeah, but next time we should camp on the Thames!

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Yeah, why not? I'm up for a Jam pretty much anywhere!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

Working on a song entitled "Honky Tonk Dog" by Rusty McHugh.
"He's my hoochie coochie poochie" gotta love it.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'm now learning the solo from Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

"Where you begin doesn't matter. Your willingness to start is what counts."
Without music life would be a mistake.
Country music is three chords and the truth.
cool cool cool cool cool cool

Better Together by Jack Johnson, Keepin' it Real by Mason Jennings and The General by Dispatch were just played.....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Ripple by The Grateful Dead, Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis,  Freshman by Verve Pipe,, Ain't No Reason by Brett Dennen, Wednesday Morning by Slackstring, La Mar by The Beautiful Girls (I've told my wife this tune is to be played at my funeral), Opportunity by Pete Murray... Time to rest the fingers a minute or two smile

I have been going to the James Taylor music site and doing some of the things he has up there.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

" Me and my dog ",   a Brownie MaGhee tune in twelve bar blues.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Lime Tree by Trevor Hall...  Got the chords and such but I'm trying to get the drum beats worked out so I can play them on the guitar body while playing the chords at the same time.  Hard to get it all timed just right....

Pix - you really do put the hours in!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

It relaxes me man. If I'm home and the honey does are caught up or she's just not pushing me to hard at the moment to do them, then more than likely I'm doodling on a guitar... Most Sundays I relax and play most of the day anyway... Right now I'm fumbling through Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straights... Been messing around with it since I heard you play it at the campfire smile

Sunday Jen by Slackstring....   One of favorite tunes!

No good with Faces by Jack Johnson  & Living in the Moment (I think that's the title)   by Mason Jennings

71 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-09-25 21:13:41)

Angel by Jack Johnson.... Played to my wife since she came and set beside me for a listen wink   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9wu-lAQ … re=related

Sideways by Citizen Cope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8cMy-Jmoso  Great song and oh so easy to play smile

Hadn't played my '79 LE Yairi in about a year so I took it out, cleaned it up and put on a fresh set of elixirs... Tuned it a half step down and am playing "Which way your Heart will go" by Mason jennings smile

"Guy with a Guitar" by Mishka... Been a fan of his for a year or two but just found this tune about 30 minutes ago. Nothing spectacular but I dig it and it's easy to pick up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAond00a … mp;index=1  Verse is just A & Bm7 and the chorus is just D, Cm7, & Bm7.

Going through an old songbook...
Acting like a Fool by Matt Costa
Ain't No Reason by Brett Dennen
A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
American Pie by Don McLean
Breakdown by Jack Johnson
Bad Fish by Sublime     Ahhhhh My hands cramping!  Gotta work through it...
By My Side by Ben Harper     Stll Cramping...lol   Thank goodness the next one in the book is all open chords smile
Be Like That by Three doors down
Behind Blue Eyes by The Who as performed by Limp Bizkit.
Ballad of Curtis Lowe by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Coconut by Harry Nilsson
Cookie Jar by Jack Johnson       

Enough for know I need a break....