Re: Your guitar hero?

have you guys never heard of Doc Watson?

There's a little boy on Youtube ... Shunga Junga... or something like that. He's my favorite. smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Doc Watson and Doyle Dykes...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Shawn Lane, Bryan Sutton, and Bill Frisell.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Doc Watson?  No way I would pick him as an idol.  I may as well try to emulate Michelangelo using Jell-O as for me to try to sound like Doc Watson.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

31 (edited by badeye 2011-10-06 21:06:02)

Brownie MaGhee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8i4j6zQSw

badeye   cool

one caper after another

oh, I'll never reach the level of Doc Watson. I just think the range of his music is amazing. especially without sight!

Wow, so many to choose from. I have to say the one person that inspired me to pick up the guitar most was my Dad. We used to gather as a family in the livingroom, my Dad would bring out the guitar and we would have a sing-a-long. Songs from John Denver, The Kingston Trio, Don Williams. He is the one that got me to pick up the guitar. I want to continue that tradition with my future kids. Others I admire are:

Jerry Reed
Chet Atkins
Eric Johnson
Mark Knopffler

I am sure there are others if I put my mind to it. If I think of them I will add to the list.

My grandmother played guitar and sang when she was young. I begged her to play but she explained her fingers were old and sore. One fine day I got her to play one song - "Oh Those Golden Slippers" . I remember her arthritic fingers making a "D"chord. She sounded so fine to me.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?