Re: What are you playing right now??

Okay 2 more before I stop for a bit smile

Cats in the Craddle by Ugly Kid Joe & Drift Away by Dobie Gray

Now I've got to go finish scrapeing the wax from my board for tomorrow before it gets dark out....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Dela by The Beautiful Girls
Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
Diamond on the Inside  by Ben Harper
Drops of Jupitor by Train
Don't look back in Anger by Oasis
First Day of my Life by Brighteyes
Falling by Iration
The Freshman by Verve Pipe
For What it's Worth by Buffalo Springfield
Free Fallin by Tom Petty
The Gambler by Kenny Rogers
Grow Old With Me by Adam Sandler
Glycerine by Bush  (Hadn't played this in forever and it was really fun rocking it smile)
Good Riddance by Greenday
Go On by Jack Johnson
Good Excuse by John Butler Trio 
Hey World by Michael Franti
Hard on Me by Tom Petty
Hate Me by Blue October
Half the World Away by Oasis
How's it going to be by Third Eye Blind
Heading Home by Donovan Frankereiter
Hey Jude by The Beatles.... Well sort of I played the first half but only half heartedly... Not really my kind of song but it was in the book 
  from when I first started playing 
Horse with no Name by America

Time for another break, my backs hurting from sitting here playing all these...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Man I didn't realize how long I'd been playing until I hit enter and saw how the list had built up smile I just kept the reply box open and added them one at a time as I played them...

Damn Guitarpix, you're just a practicing fool.  You're making me tired. I generally go through my list and play different songs each day.  It's funny how some songs I couldn't play well a month or two ago, finally click.  Thats why I like to go thropugh the list often.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Trouble by Cat Stevens again.
Working on Tin Cup Chalice by Jimmy Buffett again too.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

"Clocks" by Coldplay for me today. I've found I can finger pick the piano part and strum the verses and chorus. The pace is a bit frenetic though and I am struggling to keep the old right arm going. Great song though.

"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own." (Ben Sweetland)

Warren Zevon "Keep me in your heart for awhile" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9duGVo7FY

^ GREAT tune pix

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I am still playing around with the james taylor tunes and his style on the link I think topdown put out here. He is hard too play correct!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

"Close Enough to Perfect" by Alabama.  Anniversary's coming around next month.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

86 (edited by tubatooter1940 2011-10-12 14:03:36)

My wife suggested this retread arrangement of "Lover Lover" by Jerrod Niemann.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKaJ9UTZUhQ

Only two chords, G and C. I plan to try to use my H.C. Helicon harmonizer pedal on the "Love lover" part (chorus). Hope I can get a good bass voice effect.
Wish I had a looper  for the chorus. That would be a huge help.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Those loopers are are a little spendy. Been checking them out and would like one myself. The Digitech
rp355 has a 20 sec. loop. I use it for backing rhythm chords but usually can't fit as much as I'd like in 
20 sec. BTW- gotta love those two chord songs!       Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Russell's got one for sale in the sales forum. 

- Zurf

"Tennessee Stud".  I've never heard the original by Eddy Arnold that I can recall, despite him being a distant relative (I think - Mom knew all that stuff and she's not in a situation where I can ask her about it right at the moment).  Anyway, I've recently been turned back on to the song by covers by Johnny Cash and The Little Willies. 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Thanks, Zurf but I'm too old to buy more equipment because I'll probably wear out before the equipment does. sad
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Thanks, Zurf but I'm too old to buy more equipment because I'll probably wear out before the equipment does. sad
toots

That's the beauty of buying it used.

I guess I should have posted this yesterday, but anyway ............

I was off work, it was raining and I had a bad case of GAS.  I've been looking at the Martin OM-21 and Breedlove OM guitars in their American and Roots series - rosewood guitars in an OM or 000 size.  Decided to list my Martin 000-16GT on Craig's List, so after taking some pix and finishing the post, I decided to clean the old girl and put new strings on her. Well, with new strings on a guitar you just HAVE to play a tune or two, sooooo ...................

Pancho and Lefty -Townes Van Zandt
Coyotes - Don Edwards
He's a good Dog - Fred Eaglesmith
If we make it through December - Merle Haggard
The Rain - Scott Miller
Dear Sarah - Scott Miller
Red Ball Express - Scott Miller
Prairie View - Jeff Hartley (on of our local singer/song-writers)
Hard Times - Dirty Ed
Medals - Dirty Ed
River Morning - Dirty Ed
Pass This way Again - Dirty Ed
Ridin With The Man - Dirty Ed

And a new Dirty Ed song I've been working on - Cold Virginia Snow

Got a message on my cell yesterday evening from someone interested in the 000-GT.  I'll call back later this morning - maybe I'll have a NGD before long !

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Well, now that I'm in a newly formed band we are putting a lot of songs on the table to see what is gonna
fly right away and what needs work. My "work on" list that I'm learning mostly lead on:

Sultans of swing-Dire Straits
      Only Wanna be with you-Hootie
      Somebody to love-Jefferson Airplane
      White rabbit-""
      Gold dust woman-Fleetwood Mac
      Harden My Heart-Quarterflash
      Brown eyed girl-Van Morrison
      Things have changed-Dylan
      What it's like-Everlast

Got my work cut out!

Our intuitions serve us well

Hey Zurf and Norm  I fyou want to hear a very differant but Awesome version of Heart of Gold try this out by Zakk Wild  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG1e8SAWyMw 

There is a lot of controversy over if its better than NY but I like the way he has the emotion in his voice.  I love Neil just for the record.  This is my favorite of his covers of Neil.

Here is a great version of Whiter shade of Pale.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1h5d4_T5A

ENJOY

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

steelstrings wrote:

I wanna learn Guns 'n Roses - Patience. Beautiful song.

I got the music for this from this site yrs ago.  Jus tlisten to it and you will get it.  Hell If I can sound deacent at it Im shure you can! LOLOLOL

and then have fun with Used to Love her and One in a Million (great riff even if you dont like the lyerics, do what I do, tqake riff and write your own words to replace the ones you dont care for. LOLOLOL)

PEACE

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love". I heard on the radio a few days ago and got home and figured out the chords. Now I am messing with it to make it sound the way I want it to sound.

Apparently I have learned something in the past year!

papaguitar wrote:

Those loopers are are a little spendy. Been checking them out and would like one myself. The Digitech
rp355 has a 20 sec. loop. I use it for backing rhythm chords but usually can't fit as much as I'd like in 
20 sec. BTW- gotta love those two chord songs!       Mike

I've seen used Boss RC-2's for as little as $50.  New they're about $125 list, but I got mine new for $99.  I get 16 minutes of loop time on it.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

papaguitar wrote:

Well, now that I'm in a newly formed band we are putting a lot of songs on the table to see what is gonna
fly right away and what needs work. My "work on" list that I'm learning mostly lead on:

Sultans of swing-Dire Straits
      Gold dust woman-Fleetwood Mac

Got my work cut out!

Indeed!   Mark Knopfler and Lindsey Buckingham are two of the best players in existence.  It's good to have standards.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

99 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-12-25 23:52:58)

"Black Leaf Falls" by Sea Wolf   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-vZulnv … mp;lf=plcp

Just found this band a couple hours ago and have this tune stuck in my head.... Easy to pick up and fun to play. I've got the music down already but still need to play it some more before I can get the lyrics worked in smoothly... Verses are Am F G C E   Chorus is F Am E C F Am E C E

Capo on 2

Lately, I've been strumming out "Happiness" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and 70s pop like "Don't Give Up on Us, Baby."