Topic: New picks

Happy post Thanksgiving, Black Friday to everyone!!!!!

So I'm always on the look out for free picks. I have no idea why I just am. So I came across a couple of pick makers on other forums. The posts were old but they offered free pick samples. I e-mailed each one and they gladly sent me a sample. They are both made of clear acrylic. I think they sound a little diff than others I've used. They are ridiculously priced but cool none the less.

V-picks.com

Gravitypicks.com

Just e-mail them and say you're interested in trying out their picks to compare them to what you normally use. Also tell them what thickness and style you use.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New picks

Every time I play on a stage where bands play regularly, I find picks dropped by some players - especially stages with dark carpet. These are seldom picks that I prefer and are often worn down a good bit or starting to tear on the small end..
I like nylon picks of a certain thickness and I order them in bulk from Musician's Friend Catalogue.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

For some reason,in the worcester area I am always finding picks on the ground(usually cracked or broken).I prefer nylon picks too.Herco flex 50.I have had some of them since 1983 when I discovered them.Havent broke one yet and thet don`t change position while you`re playing.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I tried Wedgie picks for a wee change and now they are all I use. Love them.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I've found some usable picks on stages too. I use the Altoid mint cans for storing picks and keep one in each guitar case.

Funny how many times at jams I've been asked " got an extra pick?", so I'll put these lost and found picks in the cans

along with my choice picks(Fender heavy confetti) and others that have accumulated from birthdays and Christmas etc.

Occasionally someone will get their lost pick returned to them. Thanks for the info Z, I just might get a sample and if I

still prefer Fender then I'll have a couple more in the tins. For acoustic rhythm I'll use Dulaps, oops I mean Dunlops.

Dunlaps is what my belly does over my belt!:D         Mike

Our intuitions serve us well