Topic: Bluer Than You

...yer basic 'I know you're bad for me, but... song.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Re: Bluer Than You

Hey man i can really relate to this song and i found it to be a great one for anyone having a rough patch to relate with!
Great job and can't wait to hear some of your other stuff!

"Fly on Proud Bird, At Last You Are Free"
-Charlie Daniels

for some reason the porch swing line just makes the song for me...also, the phrase "bluer than you" adds a kind of attitude to the song. great work, keep writing!

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

4 (edited by snowden300 2007-05-24 17:20:42)

hey, once again, thanks for the kind words. Just so you know, I've posted a version of this song on FOC. There's just me and a flattop and some minor variations in lyric...it's a porch step in this version (I've since settled on 'porch swing' but haven't gotten to record anything lately...still learning).

s.

Hi Snowden

Thanks for letting us hear how "Bluer Than You" should be. It is far better to be able to listen to a song than just having the lyrics and chords.

The URL for Friends of Chordie is:  http://www.myspace.com/friendsofchordie 

May I also apologise as I had to convert the original mp2 recording to mp3 and it has lost a little in the conversion.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Snowdon300,

I just listened to your song on Myspace...Well Done!

Well for you that  had a Porch Swing!

Some of us are left in mid air? and no soft place to fall ?

Slán  Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thats OK old doll I'll catch you and let you down easy .

Take care and have a great day....Badeye.

one caper after another

Hey Snowden - I slowed it down a bit but it has rock balade all over it. I was trying to belt it out but I didn't have the voice for it...Love it dude

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hey Jets,

Hmmmm. Bon Jovi and I...
Somehow it never occured to me.
But, hey, whatever floats your boat! Perhaps the world needs another rock ballad.

s.

Thank you Badeye,

Your kindness is graciously accepted.....Just one more request, will you catch my guitar first!

As its now my  second biggest love in life, !  My first being my  2 beautiful  Handsome Sons.

Go Maire Tú.  {  May you live long }

Slán

Old Doll.

A soft landing for both.

...badeye.

one caper after another

BADEYE.

Your a rare specimen  "A True GentleMan"

Old Doll,

Life is good.Hi Old Doll you gotta help when you can.I get by with a little help from my friends and i help when I can.

Take Care...Badeye.

Oh try to find some Merle Haggert music, great for acoustic.

one caper after another

Hi Badeye,
I love that guy, but never thought to look  at his songs?

I also love Hal Ketchum, "Past the point of Rescue"     "How appropriate!"   Written by An Irish man!
You must have heard the song.?

At the moment would you believe Mr Guppy is singing out from the PC, Keeping the whole neighbourhood awake singing   "Desperado"  A good choice of song for a honey dipper? dont you think?

Old Doll.

Hey Old Doll,

It is perhaps a good job I live in Portugal. Desperado at 11:00pm, there is probably a lynching party waiting for me in Ireland now. lol

Roger

Come to Canada you can sing all night.lol. No lynching needed.

Take Care....Badeye

one caper after another

I've checked out the song at FOC but am unable to open the 'comments' field (or the other fields for that matter)...any idea why that would be?

thanks,
s.

Hi Snowden,

Visitors to MySpace cannot make comment or send messages. As with most sites (including Chordie) you have to be a member and be signed in to do so.

Roger

Every time I am on this forum, I keep coming back to you'r song. Good job!
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Danspr,

Thanks for the plug! I wrote it about three years ago, recorded it several times in various incarnations. Soon I'll be doing it again, but this time with a little more engineering. I've recently aquired Cubase SE and am fooling with it when there's time...outside family...work...maintenance...argh.

s.