Topic: NGD finally

I broke down while at Guitar Center. Those evil guitar stores! Once again through telepathy or some other

unknown force they lured me in and took advantage of my thirst for another new quality axe!!! big_smile big_smile

Seriously tho I'd been wanting a Taylor for a long time. $$ is short right now but after playing several

lower-end models I went for the bottom of the barrel model, the 110. Really like the lack of a varnished

finish. Plays as sweet as the more expensive ones. Will give the stress test tomorrow at practice. I tried

some other brand models just for the heck of it but none I liked. Wanted to try the Martin DCX1E but did

not get around to it. Pretty darn happy with this choice.         Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

2 (edited by deadstring 2012-02-07 02:38:10)

Re: NGD finally

Congratulations on your NGD. Watch out for NELA! He will try to claim it. My son has a DCX1E and it has great sound for the price but I haven't played a Taylor in that price range to compare it to. The main thing is that your happy with it. Enjoy it.

Oh you know the rules right? Pictures please.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Nice choice papaguitar, I know how it is my car always pulls towards the guitar store when I am around it,big magnets inside the evil store's.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Enjoy the Taylor.  My last GAS relief came from a Taylor GC3.  I had my eye on the 114 (grand concert) when my WIFE told me to go for the more expensive model.  She said it looked nicer.  I NEVER argue with my wife.  I'm sure there will be payback, but I'll deal with that when it comes.

Keeping It Fun, Dean
'91 Epiphone PR350E
'11 Taylor GC3
'15 Taylor GS Mini/Mahogany

NICE!!!!!!

I could dig a Taylor, not as hyped as Martins or Gibsons.

If you don't mind, how much did the bottom of the barrel set you back?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone, this one is a keeper. Got it home and played it awhile,set it down, picked it up, set it down.... you
  get the idea, anyway I hope you are enjoying your recent new toy Deadstring. Dino-I'm glad to see there is some-
  one else that knows the tricks these evil guitar stores use! If only I could leave my wallet home!!:) 

Nice guitars Newbie Dean and welcome to Chordie! Cold at the top of Wisconsin? Z, the Taylors are most awesome
   machines. GC took 10% off the $799 tag. This one is bare bones(110ce), cut-away A/E. Threw in a modest strap
   on the deal. I think all Taylors come with a soft case or a semi-hard/soft case. Don't need it as I have a hard shell
   that it fits in. The 110 is a dread size so easy to fit in a case, but a bit tight in the one I have. Oh, and the elec-
   tronics are the same as the spendy ones according to the salesman.              Mike

Nice choice Mike, you're clearly enjoying it!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Happy NGD PapaGuitar, I love Taylors, I don't own one, but have played many of them, when I get another guitar myself, it will be a Taylor.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Happy NGD!  Sounds like a nice pick... I haven't played the Taylors as the Martins call me in like sirens every time I'm there and lucky for me I haven't enough $$ to buy one yet.  I have a really little car though and I think the magnets they use work extra well on the little cars.  My Guitar Center is on a very busy road near many other stores and I try like heck to avoid the blvd all together but sometimes I HAVE to go that way and as always I get sucked into the store.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Very much enjoying it. Thanks! Was wondering if the Taylors are as famous across the pond as here in the U.S.
  Jerry and if so what kind of a price tag difference? I can see a little jealousy there Cam?;) Well I hope you get
  yours soon and Amy--you owe it to yourself next time those evil magnets pull your car into the GC parking lot
  to try one out for size, you'll be surprised.       Might want to leave all monies at home til you are ready tho!

Congrats!! Taylor's are some fine guitars smile  I loved my 314e and still miss it badly sad  Traded it for a d18 on AGF...  Not a good decision...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Papa, Congrats. Taylors are nice guitars. I have a 314ce and a T5 and I love them both.I also have a Martin D-35 and a D-41 so I try to spread the love around whenever I can. I like the neck finish on the Taylor acoustic best of all my guitars. Makes it feel faster and smoother no drag. Both have the slim line neck I like that ,less hand fatigue. Anyway great choice and keep on rockin'.
  Joe

Taylor 110's are great guitars!  Happy NGD!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

14 (edited by dino48 2012-02-07 17:38:22)

Good buy mike,if I was not so in love with the martin I want, that would be one of the ones I would go for,I have a friend who has a martin and a taylor and he uses the martin more when he wants alittle deeper sound,the taylor for higher up sounds. He plays for his church. Maybe if I go too church I will get a windfall and be able too afford both.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love the deeper sound of the Martins.  Some don't.  I'm not sure if church will help you dino.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.